Color Picker in the default theme

Excalibur

Something I've been thinking about that i think would be a pretty cool future feature for IPS to have would be the ability to let users change the colors of the default theme, I know some people like to use the default theme for their sites and change it's colors, and not every user of said sites have the same color preferences. So maybe adding a color picker, perhaps similar to some of the color changing themes out there would be a good move, or even better might be something that instead of using cookies to save color settings, have an actual setting in the users settings area, so their color choices would remain, even if cookies were cleared or another browser or device was used. A default color set still could be set by administrators of course and the color picker could be disabled, if someone so chooses.

On 4/23/2016 at 4:59 PM, excalibur300 said:

Something I've been thinking about that i think would be a pretty cool future feature for IPS to have would be the ability to let users change the colors of the default theme, I know some people like to use the default theme for their sites and change it's colors, and not every user of said sites have the same color preferences. So maybe adding a color picker, perhaps similar to some of the color changing themes out there would be a good move, or even better might be something that instead of using cookies to save color settings, have an actual setting in the users settings area, so their color choices would remain, even if cookies were cleared or another browser or device was used. A default color set still could be set by administrators of course and the color picker could be disabled, if someone so chooses.

Do you mean .... like the Metro theme (cough cough, I mean, "Ortem") by @Ehren from IPSFocus.net?  Link to demo >>

Ortem theme.PNG

(Notice the color picker in the upper right-hand corner.)

No, well sorta ,that particular theme only allows for select colors. What I meant was the default IPS 4.x theme but with a full color picker, similar to the one used in his other theme Elegant (great theme too by the way) and other custom themes. But many of my members seem to like my customized version of the IPS default better, but also like the idea of making it their own too, with a color picker. As for the suggestion (which apparently has went unnoticed by IPS) it would be a nice feature to have by default, and would add extra value and usability to the default theme. I do wish they'd consider something like this.

Archived