Login from vkontakte

SPEC1AL1ST

Hello my dear friends.
I wanted to ask you add in future versions of the opportunity to login from the social network VKontakte (vk.com). It is very important for Russian-speaking communities.

Its very need in "box".

All 3rd party modules dont work normally or stopping works after updates.

3 minutes ago, SPEC1AL1ST said:

What are you mean?

See:

Information for 3rd party developers

• ProfileSync classes are no longer required to have a photo() method
  • jQuery has been updated to 1.12.2
  • CodeMirror has been updated to 5.13
  • Login Handlers must now implement a canProcess() method to verify that the login handler can be used in the event a member disassociates their account from a different service.

If an existing login handler doesn't has this new method, will end up on an error or white screen, depending on your server setting.

Ask the dev to read this: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/428240-4110-developer-changes/

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

See:

If an existing login handler doesn't has this new method, will end up on an error or white screen, depending on your server setting.

Ask the dev to read this: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/428240-4110-developer-changes/

This forum is only available to those logged in with a client account.  But i logged.

You not understand me. IPB has many login methods, but not has login from vkontakte (vk.com). Many communities VERY NEED that from BOX.

e2adc-clip-34kb[1].png

On 21.04.2016 at 0:50 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Login: 

Share Link:

And why login from Facebook in BOX but login from Vk sold separately for the money with future problem with updates? This is the most common Russian-speaking social network, it should be out of the box

On 21/04/2016 at 6:18 PM, SPEC1AL1ST said:

Well, you paid for a resource that's outdated. I showed how and what to tell to the dev and you keep saying I misunderstood.

51 minutes ago, SPEC1AL1ST said:

This is the most common Russian-speaking social network, it should be out of the box

Yes, it is very good or needed for... RUSSIANS, not for the rest of the world. It's enough to se the European Cookie Law topics here on IPS. Vastly requested. IPS reply? More or less: it's a regional stuff but IPS4 has COPPA, only used on USA. 

So, I think you will wait a little bit longer.

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Well, you paid for a resource that's outdated. I showed how and what to tell to the dev and you keep saying I misunderstood.

Yes, it is very good or needed for... RUSSIANS, not for the rest of the world. It's enough to se the European Cookie Law topics here on IPS. Vastly requested. IPS reply? More or less: it's a regional stuff but IPS4 has COPPA, only used on USA. 

So, I think you will wait a little bit longer.

Only for russians??? Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia, Azerbaijan etc....... A lot of countries!!! And 15min for developers! Why facebook and no vk??? Very many communities and peoples!

I think the difference here @SPEC1AL1ST is that while it's huge for you're area it's not huge world wide.

This may be a year old but I doubt that it's increased by 1000% in the last year:

http://expandedramblings.com/index.php/russian-social-media-stats-yandex-vkontakte/

It shows 100 million active users on that site where as:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+users+are+on+facebook&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Has 1.2 Billion active users on the site. There is a huge discrepancy with need for the many versus need for your region. Even Twitter has 3 times as many daily active users that the social media outlet you are referring to.

25 minutes ago, SPEC1AL1ST said:

We are people too

No one is saying you are not. Fortunately your voice has already been heard and met as @Adriano Faria pointed out by providing the information above to assist you with getting the modification updated.. Even though it's not an IPS product you have a solution to this.

4 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

No one is saying you are not. Fortunately your voice has already been heard and met as @Adriano Faria pointed out by providing the information above to assist you with getting the modification updated.. Even though it's not an IPS product you have a solution to this.

Module do changes in BD and one time i have trouble with update :( Vey need from box... Please help me, rate this topic ^_^

That happens with anything but talking to the developer will help smooth out and mitigate those issues. It is not always the best solution to simply integrate everything into core. This particular instance, to me, is not something to be integrated into core.

Just now, Morrigan said:

That happens with anything but talking to the developer will help smooth out and mitigate those issues. It is not always the best solution to simply integrate everything into core. This particular instance, to me, is not something to be integrated into core.

Linkedin integrated but vkontakte no? Its not right. Close offtopic

7 hours ago, SPEC1AL1ST said:

Only for russians??? Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia, Azerbaijan etc....... A lot of countries!!! And 15min for developers! Why facebook and no vk??? Very many communities and peoples!

Well, as an Estonian I can say we use Facebook, Twitter and Google for this. Don't know anything about VK.

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

More or less: it's a regional stuff

Agree.

WMSN0116_1029.png

On 26.04.2016 at 2:35 AM, hmikko said:

Well, as an Estonian I can say we use Facebook, Twitter and Google for this. Don't know anything about VK.

Agree.

WMSN0116_1029.png

Lol LinkedIn very large social net too :D For Russian-speaking people also need ease of use

Archived