[BUG] Randomly double (and sometimes even triple) posts

Omri Amos

Some users (including me actually) are facing random double posts ever since we moved to IPS 4.
We submit a post ONLY ONCE (I am not an idiot, I pressed just once), but SOMETIMES the post got published twice and we get a double post with the exact same content.
If the "merge double posts" option is enabled, then we get one post but with twice its content (so if I reply "hello world" the post will show "hello world hello world").

I couldn't find out why is this happening, especially because it if completely random.

But there is a possible fix for this - simply don't allow double posts with the exact same content.
Many forums have this feature... even facebook:

2016-04-21_1659.png

So...

1. Anyone also have this double posts bug?

2. What do you think about my feature suggestion?

• 4 months later...

BUMP!

Running ver. 4.1.14.2 and this bug is still happening to us on a daily basis!

IPS support does not help much besides the same old troubleshooting steps and just tells us to wait for the next version.

Anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thank you.

• Management
1 hour ago, prcdc said:

BUMP!

Running ver. 4.1.14.2 and this bug is still happening to us on a daily basis!

IPS support does not help much besides the same old troubleshooting steps and just tells us to wait for the next version.

Anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thank you.

There have been changes in 4.1.15 to make this less of an issue.

Hello. I just updated to 4.1.15 and a few minutes later, I saw double posting still happening after the upgrade!

IPS support says the bug is probably happening because third party applications.

The only one we have installed is this

Trader Feedback System.

Do any of you experiencing the bug also have the application 'Trader feedback System' Installed?

They will probably say its the third party application's fault.

On 20/09/2016 at 4:50 PM, Simon Woods said:

Haven't had any reports this month... though that could just be the members failing to report. :p Fingers crossed!

I've been tagged or seen the double posts myself, babe. :p Had one a few days ago!

1 hour ago, prcdc said:

Hello. I just updated to 4.1.15 and a few minutes later, I saw double posting still happening after the upgrade!

IPS support says the bug is probably happening because third party applications.

The only one we have installed is this

Trader Feedback System.

Do any of you experiencing the bug also have the application 'Trader feedback System' Installed?

They will probably say its the third party application's fault.

Have you turned off the app and had the double posting still? I think in this case that IPS need to tell us WHICH apps are supposedly causing the double posting as it's going to be very hard to turn off mods that communities need to function to try and find it ourselves! This is not a bug localised to any one install or CiC forum either...

1 minute ago, Claire Field said:

I've been tagged or seen the double posts myself, babe. :p Had one a few days ago!

Have you turned off the app and had the double posting still? I think in this case that IPS need to tell us WHICH apps are supposedly causing the double posting as it's going to be very hard to turn off mods that communities need to function to try and find it ourselves! This is not a bug localised to any one install or CiC forum either...

I can't just turn off that application its essential to our community.

Do you have Trader Feedback system?

If it happens to people who don't have that App installed then I can prove to IPS Support that It's not the App's fault.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, prcdc said:

I can't just turn off that application its essential to our community.

Do you have Trader Feedback system?

If it happens to people who don't have that App installed then I can prove to IPS Support that It's not the App's fault.

Thank you.

I am in a similar situation in that I have one particular plugin that I need for the site to function as intended, so cannot turn it off for the time it would take to check to see if double posting is happening. It's so random. All the other mods we can turn off, just not our account manager mod.

Sorry, I don't use the Trader Feedback one, but once we update I'll report back here if we still get the double posting.

Just now, Claire Field said:

I am in a similar situation in that I have one particular plugin that I need for the site to function as intended, so cannot turn it off for the time it would take to check to see if double posting is happening. It's so random. All the other mods we can turn off, just not our account manager mod.

Sorry, I don't use the Trader Feedback one, but once we update I'll report back here if we still get the double posting.

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting on a response from IPS support right now.

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

How about multiple email?  Does any get that?  If someone buys something I might get 2 or 3 or maybe 15 email about it.  When someone registers it's similar, usually 5 or 6 messages.  It's never 1.

That sounds horrible. We don't have that problem as far as I know. did you talk to IPS support?

8 hours ago, tolik777 said:

I have same problem. But I see only notification (only in new topic) and click "Show new post", I see this post twice. After I refresh page I see only one post

Is that if you're viewing a topic and a new reply is added in the background? I think that's this bug, which occurs if you accidentally double click the "show me" link.

IPS has kindly provided the amazing solution of "don't do that then".

• 6 months later...

Archived