Inter-website content

Hunter Lyons

So... Let's say I made 3 different websites, all running IPS software. Now each was for a specific niche, however I would use IPS Connect to sync logins (and somewhat prominently advertise the other websites on each). Is there any way I could sync content between websites as well?

Just as an example- Let's say one was dedicated to sports and one to cooking. Beyond the forums specific to that website, I would have a 'global category' that synced across each website. 

Like... An example:

- Sports Forum Category:
-- Football -- Baseball -- etc

- Off Topic Category:
-- Politics -- Entertainment -- etc

So I'd want the sports forum category to only be on that one website, but then the off topic one would sync across any of the sites I set that up on.

I know syncing logins is possible inter-website, but is syncing content like that possible?

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2016 at 2:51 PM, Lyonharted said:

So... Let's say I made 3 different websites, all running IPS software. Now each was for a specific niche, however I would use IPS Connect to sync logins (and somewhat prominently advertise the other websites on each). Is there any way I could sync content between websites as well?

Just as an example- Let's say one was dedicated to sports and one to cooking. Beyond the forums specific to that website, I would have a 'global category' that synced across each website. 

Like... An example:

- Sports Forum Category:
-- Football -- Baseball -- etc

- Off Topic Category:
-- Politics -- Entertainment -- etc

So I'd want the sports forum category to only be on that one website, but then the off topic one would sync across any of the sites I set that up on.

I know syncing logins is possible inter-website, but is syncing content like that possible?

You can check out the REST Api to see if that will help you accomplish what you want.

With that said, I really don't see the benefit of offering three distinct websites where you have to manage three separate installations when one website with 3 categories will entirely accomplish what you want with (with much less headache).  

Archived