Introduction Notice

Tom Irons

About This File

This plugin will redirect a user to a forum until they have posted in it.

Settings:

• Groups - selected groups that will be redirected if they haven't posted
  • Forum - the forum to redirect users to
  • Title - title of the notice
  • Content - content of the notice

hello, thanks for this app, very usefull.

we have a problem, after install we get this erros :

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /srv/users/apps/public/init.php(435) : eval()'d code(19): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('')
#1 /srv/users/apps/public/init.php(435) : eval()'d code(10): IPS\hook152->hasPostedIntroduction()
#2 /srv/users/apps/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook155->manage()
#3 /srv/users/apps/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(37): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /srv/users/apps/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->execute()
#5 /srv/users/apps/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

• 2 weeks later...

This forces guests to only see the forum that you want people to post an introduction in, even if they have permissions to view the other forums.  It just redirects to that forum anyway.

How can you disable guests from seeing this?  I only want people who have joined the site to be pushed through this process

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

I want to use this plugin on my gaming website as a way to approve applications, only problem is it redirects all members regardless of the ones I choose in the groups option, I see this has not been updated in a while, any chance of a fix? It would be really useful :) 

On 7/8/2016 at 0:45 AM, sabolchi said:

Hi, I have this installed and setup, but one small issue. It doesn't seem to apply the group setting and is showing to users in groups that are not selected.

On 7/24/2016 at 2:37 AM, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

I click on members and It asks the admins.. aswell.. I think what the guy above me said.

I guess I missed these replies months ago... sorry about that. The issue has been fixed in 1.0.2.

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2017 at 4:38 PM, Ohio Riders said:

I have an introductions forum (https://ohioriders.net/index.php?/forum/8-introductions/). If I install/enable this plugin, will it force everyone to make a new introduction post, or does it check the existing threads to see if one had been started? Thanks. 

After you select the forum in the settings, whenever someone views any page of the suite it will check if they've posted in that forum. If they haven't, then they will be automatically redirected.

Hope that helps.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:37 PM, Tom Irons said:

After you select the forum in the settings, whenever someone views any page of the suite it will check if they've posted in that forum. If they haven't, then they will be automatically redirected.

Hope that helps.

Perfect. Thanks for the info. 

Any way to just have the notice and not redirect them? 

• 1 year later...

Archived