Control % in ad rotation

Graeme S.

I'll happily pay for this, but would love it to be a core feature. 

I want to control % chance for an ad to show. E.g. I have an ad that I only want to show about 10% of the time, and right now I want 90% to be Adsense.

In the future, I might have another ad I want to show 10% of the time, etc.

The best way to do this is to use a dedicated advertising platform like doubleclick for publishers - https://www.google.com/dfp/. It provides the functionality you are looking for in a way that Invision could never support as part of the core (Doubleclick and those of its ilk are an entire platform to do what you want with every conceivable option). It would generate ad code that you insert into your ad slots in IP.Board. The percentage determination for what ads to run is all handled the ad software. Ties into your adsense as well.

2 hours ago, Morgin said:

The best way to do this is to use a dedicated advertising platform like doubleclick for publishers - https://www.google.com/dfp/. It provides the functionality you are looking for in a way that Invision could never support as part of the core (Doubleclick and those of its ilk are an entire platform to do what you want with every conceivable option). It would generate ad code that you insert into your ad slots in IP.Board. The percentage determination for what ads to run is all handled the ad software. Ties into your adsense as well.

I actually used this before but I am not sure how this works with responsive designs. Previously, I had ads for mobile and desktop separated.

Do you know if it's relatively straight forward to implement DFP with responsive designs in mind?

I know there are many 3rd party options for people who need highly customized features and loads of control, which is nice. However I like the integrated smoothness of the core functionality and it's part of the reason I am willing to pay a premium for this software. It focuses on monetization.

With that being said, I think it could stand to have a few improvements and upgrades. At the very least how about basic stats for the customers who are paying for ad space. They might like to know how many ad's their banners are getting. its already in the ACP, why not have a user side stat for ad owner?

15 hours ago, Graeme S. said:

I actually used this before but I am not sure how this works with responsive designs. Previously, I had ads for mobile and desktop separated.

Do you know if it's relatively straight forward to implement DFP with responsive designs in mind?

Yeah. They used to be terrible at this but it has improved dramatically.

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/3423562?hl=en

Archived