IPB has slipped

MSUKForum

I've had a great experience the past 12 years with IPB until v4 then there has been a noticeable slip,

I understand new major releases take time and I feel now at v4.1.1.0, is enough time to of ironed out all the issues.

But it seems every update I do, I encounter problems, it's frustrating for me and more so my members to the point they are "exhausted" of the site not working correctly.

I submit tickets, some get resolved quickly, others I feel slightly brushed away with a standard reply. Not the quality it was before.

You've done a great job but I almost feel everything is rushed lately, then you are tripping over yourselves trying to fix it and causing more problems on the way.

Are you understaffed? Have key experts and managers left? What's the deal here, I hope it improves.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2016 at 7:47 PM, David T. Cole said:

See, I love the diff tool. Life before the diff tool was a serious PITA. Diff edits might be monotonous but at least they are doable.

Can you point me in the direction of the documentation on a diff tool? I have a theme I purchased from a 3rd party and every time they come up with an update I have to re-do the modifications to it (both CSS and HTML/PHP modifications). Is there a way to make this process suck less?

4 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

The AdminCP  also contains a diff tool, please see

Not sure why, but this doesn't work for us. Last time I tried it (a week or so ago), the ACP 500-error'd when it got to the conflicts url.

2 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Upgraded new version yesterday and no problems (told me differences and chose to use new version)

Upgraded theme version? or IPB version? I had no issues updating the forum software (we're on 4.1.13.2). The issue happens when I try to upload a newer version of our theme.  

14 hours ago, ModSquadHockey said:

Upgraded theme version? or IPB version? I had no issues updating the forum software (we're on 4.1.13.2). The issue happens when I try to upload a newer version of our theme.  

As I stated ... uploaded a new version of one of my themes and no problems

Archived