Mark as Sold

16 minutes ago, sulervo said:

Uninstall + install, then you see button again. @Ausy

Have to do settings and translation again.

Thanks, that worked but all previously marked topics had to be remarked again. Not too bad for me as there were not to many but hopefully this won't happen on each update @Tom Irons

@Tom Irons I removed 1.0.3 and installed 1.0.4. The badge and the Mark as Sold button are simply not showing up. I've cleared the cache like 10 times, and I tested on the default, unmodified theme. Before uninstalling 1.0.3, I exported the topic ids that had is_sold as '1' and then after installing 1.0.4 I set is_sold back as '1' for those topics.

Another problem.

I can't sort out prefix in search results. Like it's not a part of title? Picture attached. "MYYTY -" is my prefix.

Instead of Boolean operators there could be a button in search page for hiding sold topics? Or maybe in user settings could be setting which hide all sold topics?

Capture.PNG

18 hours ago, Ausy said:

Thanks, that worked but all previously marked topics had to be remarked again. Not too bad for me as there were not to many but hopefully this won't happen on each update @Tom Irons

I don't know why that happened, I didn't edit the template where the button sits.

13 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Tom Irons I removed 1.0.3 and installed 1.0.4. The badge and the Mark as Sold button are simply not showing up. I've cleared the cache like 10 times, and I tested on the default, unmodified theme. Before uninstalling 1.0.3, I exported the topic ids that had is_sold as '1' and then after installing 1.0.4 I set is_sold back as '1' for those topics.

Does 1.0.3 install and work for you? If your using a custom theme, then the author will have to update the templates.

8 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Tom Irons Really weird. I removed version 1.0.4, installed 1.0.3 from scratch and the button and the badge don't show up at all. Again, using the default, unmodified theme. All settings are correct. I don't know what is going on, and don't know how to debug this. Please advise.

I've sent you a PM regarding support.

@Tom Irons and fellow colleagues. The problem of not showing the button "mark as solved" to me was a tricky configuration issue:

1. You must enable "can mark as sold" and "can unmark as sold" at ACP > Members > Team > Moderators.

2. Only global moderators or local moderators of the forum where you enabled "Mark as Sold" will see the button. So, even if you are an admin (which is my case), when you have specific foruns enabled in the list of foruns you are a moderator of, you won't see the "Mark as Sold" button if the forum where the "Mark as Sold" function is enable isn't in the list of forums you are a moderator of.

That solved, the "SOLD" badge is still not showing up.

11 hours ago, Tom Irons said:

I fixed the issue with the badge not showing up in the latest version. If this issue still persists with your site try clearing the cache.

I loaded the forum with the default theme and the badge is showing up indeed. So it is a theme coding issue. Many thanks.

Edited by Gabriel Torres

@Tom Irons All problems are now gone. Thank you for your prompt support. However, we are facing a limitation that we want to run through you to see if there is a way to fix it.

Mark as Sold is only enabled in our "classifieds" forum. The "mark as sold" button only shows up to moderators who are linked to this specific forum or moderators that are linked to "all" forums. We wanted to see if there is a way to allow ALL moderators to have access to this function, not only the ones linked to our "classifieds" forums.

Note: I allowed access to the plugin for the whole group, but still, the button only shows up if the moderator is linked to the forum.

Thank you in advance.

The reason behind doing it via the moderator permissions is that way if a user isn't a moderator of a section that has the mark as sold ability, then they won't be able to use it.

If you make a moderator group and give the moderators the ability to use mark as sold in all forums, that should work.