..."throwing an error" message - what to do?

Ciel!

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I get this message now based on the following parameters:

• viewing as Guest
  • only threads in 3 forum/subforum locations on the site are throwing an error, but it's all of them within those folders
  • they do not use any different templating than the rest of the site or have different permissions
  • everything was working yesterday/the day before
  • I already tried disabling the most recent plugin I installed which wasn't it

How do I fix this? This is a pretty big one and I'm stumped :(

3 hours ago, Ciel! said:

I get this message now based on the following parameters:

• viewing as Guest
  • only threads in 3 forum/subforum locations on the site are throwing an error, but it's all of them within those folders
  • they do not use any different templating than the rest of the site or have different permissions
  • everything was working yesterday/the day before
  • I already tried disabling the most recent plugin I installed which wasn't it

How do I fix this? This is a pretty big one and I'm stumped :(

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question -
Do you by any chance still have a skin theme from a previous version as in 3.4.x?

SELECT `plugin_name` FROM `core_plugins` WHERE `plugin_id`=(SELECT `plugin` FROM `core_hooks` WHERE `id`=94);
2 hours ago, Ciel! said:

are you saying then that I gave them the wrong latest.php file? Or that that's not going to help identify the problem? Do you have any advice?

You error is related to this:

#1 /home/mythandm/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(97): IPS\forums\hook94::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\forums\Forum))

Run this query on your SQL Toolbox to identify the plugin:

SELECT `plugin_name` FROM `core_plugins` WHERE `plugin_id`=(SELECT `plugin` FROM `core_hooks` WHERE `id`=94);

Mine! Isn't it beautiful? LOL!

9 minutes ago, Ciel! said:

So I was able to determine the plugin, went into ACP and hit 'disable', and still the error.

There was an error reported by a client on Pages 4.1.9. Not sure if there's a fix, althought the error was another.

I suggest you to DISABLE ALL plugins and apps and test Pages directly. If it insists, it's a bug on Pages.

Archived