Error Code Listing, Please

ZakRhyno

Would IPS please list all the error codes? In IPB 3 series there was a listing in the resource area. That listing back then helped me found out an issue that was very easy to address and not have me open a ticket and significantly fix the problem right and than and there because I didn't fix a permission right are such. But now in IPB 4 series, I have to open a ticket and wait 2 days for a reply to something that can be fixed if I understood what the heck the error codes mean. Now, two-day wait is a common wait time but regardless I can fix something that if I understood what the website is giving me to make it my own call to address it if I can are open a ticket. But now I have to open a ticket for very every error code that I don't get. The tools are taken away from the owner to help and address the issue. Why won't you publish the codes to website owners so they can fix issues that can be minor in scope and not waste IPB's time with tickets and time to fix something that could be so easy. The lack of this listing is very frustration when trying to run a website without trying to run to IPB all the time. Can you please like just post something to get it out there and fix it up later and not allow the public to wait for months for this to be done? I mean even a doc/excel file will work for the time being to get it out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Seconded, I mean I already know of this. But I'm guessing you mean a direct and comprehensive list of them.

Perhaps we can try and build a community sourced one? For example these two is what I've noticed already:

2S160/4 - IP Banned. 
2T187/3 - (CMS) Page doesn't exist.

Does this help @ZakRhyno?

Edit: Just saw the "Planned" Tag which I think means it's already been planned. 

4 hours ago, Tripp_UK said:

Seconded, I mean I already know of this. But I'm guessing you mean a direct and comprehensive list of them.

Perhaps we can try and build a community sourced one? For example these two is what I've noticed already:

2S160/4 - IP Banned. 
2T187/3 - (CMS) Page doesn't exist.

Does this help @ZakRhyno?

Edit: Just saw the "Planned" Tag which I think means it's already been planned. 

@Tripp_UK I think you link me to an area I can't see. It says I have no permission to see that thread. But your right pretty much on all of that. A full and detail list of the coded will go a long way to not wasting when it could be very easy as just a click in a text box.

• 3 weeks later...

Any one have more information on 2S160/4? I know that they say the error message is going to be made a bit more accurate... but I wonder if anyone knows what sort of conditions can cause it? I have a number of users -- many who don't even have accounts on the forum -- contacting me getting this message. While it relates to our Varnish front-end, the problem is I have no idea what Varnish is withholding from the forum that leads some (but not all) people to have this problem.

Thanks, @Adriano Faria -- that image is helpful. Anyone know what 160 corresponds to?

And... they aren't banned -- they don't have an account to be banned, and it's not an IP ban because I keep checking and none of them have had IP bans. Maybe I should check the Guest permissions, but it's only a relative handful of people (most of them on mobile devices) who seem to get this problem.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure why they don't make this public. It is on Contributor Chat:

errorcode.png

Thank you @Adriano this helps alot! I wish it was put up a lot sooner so to understand the issue more so. What area in the forums was it posted under.

• 1 year later...

Is there an Error code listing or not? If yes.. where is it. ??

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time:  Error Code #3L182/3
That error code is coming from the Calendar and is informing me a date requested is invalid.

It would seem to me that IPC Calendar would be checking any dates that a person might request.. and notify the 'user' real time , the date is invalide please input valid info.

I am gettingg 150 erro notices from the site.. all with the same error code. Is this a spamming issue.. what?  I am lost on this.

5 hours ago, tbar said:

Is there an Error code listing or not? If yes.. where is it. ??

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time:  Error Code #3L182/3
That error code is coming from the Calendar and is informing me a date requested is invalid.

It would seem to me that IPC Calendar would be checking any dates that a person might request.. and notify the 'user' real time , the date is invalide please input valid info.

I am gettingg 150 erro notices from the site.. all with the same error code. Is this a spamming issue.. what?  I am lost on this.

To all of your questions:

1. No, IPS does not provide a comprehensive list of error codes (to the best of my knowledge).  This has been requested before.  
  2. Your error code is most likely due to guests inputting invalid dates in IP.Calendar.  Please refer to the other topics which reference the same error code:

If you are still having problems, you should submit a support ticket in the IPS Client Area and review your logs in the ACP > Support for more details.   

Did they change the look of error pages in 4.2? In 4.1 it looks too... bland, with no formatting. There is just so much text there (one line telling the code, one saying it's an error, one saying the message, all pretty jumbled together). It was better in past versions where there was some formatting sort of like the message class of 4.x and some color.

Archived