(NB41) RSS Feed - ALL Forum Topics

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @newbie LAC

Have updated to 4.1.14 beta 3 and plugin causes the below error and website not accessible.

I have disabled the plugin - can you please take a look please?

IPS\Http\Url\Exception: INVALID_SEO_TEMPLATE (0)
#0 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(137): IPS\Http\Url\_Friendly::buildFriendlyUrlComponentFromData('app=forums&modu...', 'nbrssalltopics', Array)
#1 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/system/Http/Url/Friendly.php(130): IPS\Http\Url\cms_hook_FriendlyUrl::buildFriendlyUrlComponentFromData('app=forums&modu...', 'nbrssalltopics', Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Http\Url\_Friendly::friendlyUrlFromQueryString('app=forums&modu...', 'nbrssalltopics', Array, 0)
#3 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(67): call_user_func_array('parent::friendl...', Array)
#4 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/system/Http/Url.php(85): IPS\Http\Url\cms_hook_FriendlyUrl::friendlyUrlFromQueryString('app=forums&modu...', 'nbrssalltopics', Array, 0)
#5 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Http\_Url::internal('app=forums&modu...', 'front', 'nbrssalltopics')
#6 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(37): IPS\Dispatcher\hook351->execute()
#7 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->execute()
#8 /home/petevr6/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

15 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

Hi @newbie LAC

Have updated to 4.1.14 beta 3 and plugin causes the below error and website not accessible.

I have disabled the plugin - can you please take a look please?

Hello,

I haven't installed forum v4.1.14. I know IPS made some changes in code.

I need some time to install 4.1.14 and fix errors (made compatible with 4.1.14).

Edited by newbie LAC
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Before I purchase this I have a quick question.

I want to rss all new forum topics ONLY (ie - NOT topic replies)  into a wordpress blog

Will this plugin do that?

Many thanks in advance

actually I do have a part 2 to the question

Can I rss...

forum category a to wordpress category a

forum category b to wordpress category b

forum category c to wordpress category c

etc

Hello,

12 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I want to rss all new forum topics ONLY (ie - NOT topic replies)  into a wordpress blog

12 hours ago, Unlucky said:

actually I do have a part 2 to the question

Can I rss...

No. RSS feed include topics from all forums. I think to add a param fids 

Something like forum/rssalltopics.xml?fids=1,2,3. Show topics from forums with id 1,2 and 3

Hello,

22 minutes ago, Noni said:

it would be great if i could set an rss feed of topics created by a specific user or users....

even better... if it could change the number of exported topics from custom feeds created in activity streams.

General idea is show all topics. I can add a param mids

Something like forum/rssalltopics.xml?fids=1,2,3&mids=1,2,3. Show topics from forums with id 1,2,3 and created by users with id 1,2,3

or add new settings on ACP

11 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

So is it ONLY new topics?

IE not topics that have replies

Inbuilt rss show the topics sorted by reply. Example https://invisionpower.com/forums/forum/431-ips-marketplace-topics.xml/

My plugin show the topics from selected forums sorted by start date

Edited by newbie LAC
Just now, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

General idea is show all topics. I can add a param mids

Something like forum/rssalltopics.xml?fids=1,2,3&mids=1,2,3. Show topics from forums with id 1,2,3 and created by users with id 1,2,3

or add new settings on ACP

That would be an improvement!

An even easier one would be to raise the 25 limit from the default rss generated by activity streams
Activity streams already have powerful filtering options.. the only downside is the number of exported topics

Edited by Noni

As i said above,  Activity streams already have powerful filtering options.. the only downside is the number of exported topics. Considering that your plugin just exports the latest "X" number of topics, you could easily improve that by changing the activity stream export number to the users desired value

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

The plugin use inbuilt methods. If you give me acp/ftp access I'll look into.

Thanks but don't worry. The search on my site is pitiful and just can't perform well with over 7m posts. I'm switching all search to Google now.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any way to "secure" the RSS feed page to guests, but still make this feed readable by other IPS forums?

For example, I have content I'm posting on IPS forum A and want those topics from a certain forum copied to IPS forum B - but I don't want random people seeing this feed as it is paid content.

13 minutes ago, TheEnd- said:

Any way to "secure" the RSS feed page to guests, but still make this feed readable by other IPS forums?

For example, I have content I'm posting on IPS forum A and want those topics from a certain forum copied to IPS forum B - but I don't want random people seeing this feed as it is paid content.

Hello,

You can add a param "secure" and check it

Open nbRSSFeedAllTopicsForums.php

Find 

if (\IPS\Settings::i()->forums_rss)

Add above

if (\IPS\Request::i()->secure !== 'z9h851mmceyejg2')
		{
			\IPS\Output::i()->redirect(\IPS\Http\Url::internal(''));
		}

Change z9h851mmceyejg2 on your value

Then use domain.ltd/rssalltopics.xml/?secure=z9h851mmceyejg2