Responding to Product Feedback

svit

As a long-time user of the IPS product I do from time to time provide my comments or observations of how I think the products could be improved. Those are my completely subjective observations, which I nevertheless share in the Product Feedback forum. To my surprise, nobody from the IPS team responds to such observation which is something I feel very strange about. When the Customer provides feedback on the product he/she is buying, the response should not be missing. Either negative or positive, or other, but it should in my opinion definitely be there. For this reason I have to admit I feel only very little motivated to be providing any similar feedback in the future unless this culture changes. Anyone of the similar opinion? Below please find links to my posts which were left unattended (or at least un-responded)

• Management

If we responded to every single topic that's all we would do all day :)

We generally only respond when a feedback topic gets "traction" in the community so to speak. As in when lots of clients agree and start discussing things. Most of the topics you posted no one else replied either so they don't really get on the radar.

• Management
2 hours ago, sound said:

if customers feedback is being treated in this way then isn't it time that your handling of it improved ?

I don't think so because really great ideas tend to get lots of people saying they agree. It's not really a new idea :) 

Charles, if you read carefully (or at all) my feedback, you will see, that my suggestions are reporting very reasonable comments (such as missing plugin version number, or the bug with calendar) which don't need any majority of voting. I have clearly brought to you the problems on a plate for your attention, I didn't have to but I spent my time to do so. Statement that you have to wait first for majority of people to react, seems strange. The forum is Customer's (product) Feedback. When you say Customer's Feedback in normal environment it stays for messaging between the Client (the paying party) and the Authors (the party liking or at least pretending they appreciate the Clients). (You can check on Trip Advisor how hotel operators are treating comments from customers, they are dependent on those comments!). Anyway, I am not here to teach you guys manners, but you will agree with me, that there is no real motivation for me to spend my time identifying any similar areas of improvement of your products in the future.

• Management

I assure you we read all feedback. If we engaged in dialogue on every feedback topic, it would unfortunately leave little room to do anything else. :) Unlike e-mail, you can see that your topic was submitted, received and it can be assumed we've read it. We've incorporated new tagging to manage feedback -- your suggestions were submitted prior to this and they've not been categorized yet. This will easily allow you to see that your feedback has been acknowledged and what we plan to do, if anything. 

As an aside, if you find a fault with the software, please be sure to report it in the bug tracker - bugs submitted in feedback are not looked at by developers. 

Thank you.

Archived