Some bugs that go unfixed/unanswered

MADMAN32395

So myself and another client that I talk to we both have the same issue, then I got bored and tried it on other IPS sites and even this site; and all seem to have the same issue. We posted support tickets and even noticed the bug in the tracker. But has sat idle since last September; no updates, no comments. Was wondering whats going on, since for end user stand point. Doesn't look good to get redirected back to home page, when someone sent you a direct link to a page that gave you a login gate.

@Wind0ws @LaCollision

definitely a problem and definitely something aren't important then. This thread posted 4 hours ago and then the other information back in September. Really!

it's about flippin time that there is a answer to the following questions. Aren't something you are hinding?

Ask James Bond then! Might get a answer when he is shooting at something :p

I love humor filled comments as much as the next guy, but this is a serious topic.

The point of this thread is to finally make the ipb staff aware that there is an ongoing issue/bug that is actually hindering many clients. It has been reported correctly many months ago, it was replied to by a staff member and it's about time it was properly addressed or some information was provided as to the actual status of said bug.

Note to staff: Seriously, it is time to address this bug or provide information regarding it's status. I would expect a lengthy delay of almost half a year on a free board, but we are clients that have paid for a service and I think its time the staff take this into account when features are requested or bugs are posted. I think the way some issues are totally overlooked and ignored depending on the staffs opinion of the severity of said issue is something that should be addressed sooner than later. This has been a major issue for me and my members for so long and I really cannot be productive with my board until it is resolved.

• Management

I'm very sorry if the perception is that we're "ignoring" anything -- to the contrary, there have been quite literally hundreds of bugs in this new platform fixed between September and now. Some are just low-impact and not addressed as quickly as others. I don't say low impact to offend, but to demonstrate prioritization. Respectfully, using an external login handler and having it not take you to your original page is indeed annoying, I'm sure - but a couple clicks of the back button and you're back to where you need to be in those relatively rare circumstances. 

That doesn't mean it won't be fixed - in fact, given the duration of the report, I'll move that to be fixed in the next release. It just means, it's not getting as high of a priority. There are some niggles like that I agree have been pushed back long enough and we will soon be making a big sweep through them. 

13 hours ago, Lindy said:

I'm very sorry if the perception is that we're "ignoring" anything -- to the contrary, there have been quite literally hundreds of bugs in this new platform fixed between September and now. Some are just low-impact and not addressed as quickly as others. I don't say low impact to offend, but to demonstrate prioritization. Respectfully, using an external login handler and having it not take you to your original page is indeed annoying, I'm sure - but a couple clicks of the back button and you're back to where you need to be in those relatively rare circumstances. 

That doesn't mean it won't be fixed - in fact, given the duration of the report, I'll move that to be fixed in the next release. It just means, it's not getting as high of a priority. There are some niggles like that I agree have been pushed back long enough and we will soon be making a big sweep through them. 

I appreciate the timely response. When little to no information is provided on the status of a bug we are left to our own devices which sometime include making assumptions that the staff overlook or ignore certain bugs. This is not meant as an insult and I don't mean to imply that is the way the ipb staff handles themselves as a whole. I know first hand how it is to manage a project and have a lot of reports / bugs being reported, they can tend to stack up. I do think the staff do a great job in many aspects, i just think explaining where a bug stands and why it hasn't yet been patched is good practice to help us as the end user better understand what is going on and when we can expect said bug to be patched.

@Lindy. The aim of my comment was not to degrade the ipb staff but instead offer some constructive criticism towards the way bug reports are handled. I can see how that may have not come across that way, hopefully this comment does a better job of that. Nevertheless thank you for prioritizing this bug, I cant wait to see the result.

• 1 month later...
  • Management
1 minute ago, MADMAN32395 said:

@Lindy I don't mean to be that guy but I am able to reproduce this still on this site, and 3 others that I manage/assist.

On 4.1.9? If so, please reply to the bug report with specifics and I'll ensure it gets reopened and addressed.

9 minutes ago, Lindy said:

On 4.1.9? If so, please reply to the bug report with specifics and I'll ensure it gets reopened and addressed.

:s now i'm embarrassed lol ; it's all good. something weird happened to where I can't figure out what I did to cause it. Sorry. I would send a ticket in for ya if I could figure what I did. (ticket is unreplyable to as it was moved to archive; it can stay there as you guys got it fixed)

Archived