Top Content Poster

About This File

This widget will give the admin the ability to create aTOP POSTER CONTENT block similar to Popular Contributors block, using any of the contents available on their board. You can use more than one block in every page.

Filters: As it happens on Popular Contributors block, the records can be filtered by:

• Week
  • Month
  • Year
  • All Time

Content Type: The following content will be automatically recognized and will be available to be used in blocks:

• Forums: Top Topics Starter
  • Gallery: Top Images Submitter
  • Downloads: Top Files Submitter
  • Blog: Top Entries Starter
  • Calendar: Top Events Starter
  • Pages: Top Records Starter

Content Type - 3rd party: It will also will work with any 3rd party app that meets the requirement for IPS4 Content, such as:

• Tutorials
  • Videos System
  • VideoBox
  • Etc.

Those options will appear if you have the app installed on your IPS4 installation.

Settings per widget block:

• Block title
  • Number to show
  • Content Type
  • Groups allowed to view the block

2 hours ago, uA_Y_C_A said:

I want only this :( Because i'm not using the others. Any discount ?

-Forums: Top Topics Starter

Everything comes with the package and discounts are not possible without a coupon from IPB and giving you the plugin straight up could cause unwanted redistribution. Just purchase the kit and support the developer! :)

Edited by iDeath
7 hours ago, uA_Y_C_A said:

I want only this :( Because i'm not using the others. Any discount ?

-Forums: Top Topics Starter

I can't beak the plugin into pieces. If you have 10 apps, it will display 10 options. If you have one, will display one.

The price is based on the work I had/time it took to be to developed/support I will have to give; not in the number of apps you got.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2016 at 0:45 PM, Elhaym said:

Could you maybe consider adding "Top Posters" and record the number of posts made?

I've made it but before I release, I want to make sure you understand the difference between NUMBER OF POSTS (from Forums app) and Content Count (what IPS4 uses now).

• Number of posts: is the total of posts made in topics.
  • Content Count: is the total of items made in whole suite, like forum topics, posts, downloads files/comments/reviews, gallery images/comments/reviews, articles, blog entries/comments, etc.

I'm telling you this because the option POST I just added:

Capturar.png

will count only posts made in topics for the FORUMS app. See the difference:

- Plugin:

Capturar.png

- Profile:

Capturar.png

So don't expect to see the same number in both places.

Is that clear?

EDIT: Read more about this difference:

Edited by Adriano Faria

Purchased this yesterday and it works great.

However, when my users come to try and change the time period they are viewing i.e. from 'Week' to 'Month' to 'Year', etc they are seeing this error:

#3S172/1

spacer.png

You do not have permission to manage the sidebar

spacer.png

Further information on this error may be available by viewing the Error Log Viewer tool in your Admin Control Panel.

Is there a permission or similar in the Admin CP I need to enable in order to allow them to change this? Thanks

Just now, HoL9142 said:

Purchased this yesterday and it works great.

However, when my users come to try and change the time period they are viewing i.e. from 'Week' to 'Month' to 'Year', etc they are seeing this error:

Is there a permission or similar in the Admin CP I need to enable in order to allow them to change this? Thanks

No, I can't imagine why it would happen. Does the same happen with Popular Contributors widget?

Provide an ACP account (via PM) so I can take a look in your install.

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, I can't imagine why it would happen. Does the same happen with Popular Contributors widget?

Provide an ACP account (via PM) so I can take a look in your install.

I have just checked this, and the Popular Contributors block seems to work fine, however my community doesn't use the reputation system so maybe the fact there is no data to display in the block makes a difference?

I have PM-ed you with ACP info. Thank you.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Janiszewski said:

after first instal there is no problem, but when I uninstall and install again there is missing templates and requires manual revert

Seems to work fine to me (no errror on front end; no entry in logs):

This widget is just like any other out there: it adds a template on install; it removes the template on unisntall. This, btw, is handled by the Core itself, not by the plugin/widget.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have restricted some User Groups, so their content be awaiting for approval. plugin count these posts too, I mean awaiting for approval contents is also being counted in the list. while these posts are not being seen by anyone except moderators.

Also it would be nice, if hidden posts also deduct from lists.