Sales Discount for all units purchased!

shyest

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I'm looking for:

I am wanting the exactl same like the Sales Discount section however it will discount the whole sale. For example if someone buys 1-4 of my items the price is $435 an item however if they buy 5-9 items the price per item drops to $400.

So from the above an example... I have a customer wanting 3 items. they put in 3 and the total would come out to be $1,305. Now anther customer wanting 7 items their price would be $2,800. 

I am wanting it to look exactly like the "Sale Discounts" section but apply like I have described in the above paragraph example.

31 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

Agree. Would be a nice addition.

Note that although no IPS staff have responded this topic is now flagged for internal review (see tag) so they are giving it an official look.

I understand what the internal review means, I was just seeing if anyone else was looking or thinking this would be something they are looking for as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management
On April 6, 2016 at 0:47 AM, shyest said:

So how long can a topic stay in internal review status?

Until it moves to planned or not planned based on our assessment of feasibility and demand. There's no timeline on this, it depends on a number of different factors such as how and whether or not we can work it into a another feature or future plans, etc. 

4 hours ago, Lindy said:

Until it moves to planned or not planned based on our assessment of feasibility and demand. There's no timeline on this, it depends on a number of different factors such as how and whether or not we can work it into a another feature or future plans, etc. 

I'd like to respectfully request that IPS reconsiders the timelines (or lack thereof) on the "planned / not planned / internal review" tags.  Their primary purpose is provide greater clarity to IPS' development intentions, right?  (Maybe.  It could also be to show off the tag feature?  Maybe?)

We don't necessarily need IPS to give definitive timeframes in the immediate, short-term, or even medium-term.  But there comes an inflection point in the long-run when the tags' value becomes less and less useful.  

As an extreme example, which can realistically happen under the current framework:

• A tag is marked as Internal Review
  • 4 years later it's still marked as Internal Review
  • IPS has moved onto IPS 5

The value of your tags has decayed to nothing, because you're already working on the next version of IPS.  The board becomes littered with useless tags.    

I'm certainly not saying clients need total transparency of exact timeframes in the near future, but I do think it would be reasonable for items marked in certain tag categories to be reviewed on a reasonable basis to ensure their validity.  That's the only way these tags will stay relevant on a rolling basis.  

• Management

I understand the concern. The purpose of the tags are to give an insight into whether or not a particular suggestion will be considered or implemented in the future. Eventually, we'd like to do a full categorized feature tracker. We're still vetting this out in terms of public expectations and the ability to incorporate it into our development process, but we are reviewing them regularly. ^_^ 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I needed this just the other day.  It 'just makes sense' in my opinion to offer a discount this way.

It is also my understanding, however, that IP.Commerce hasn't quite had its overhaul yet.  It is largely still Nexus with a few tweaks.

Perhaps Commerce will get its chance once the core functionality and more popular applications are completed, although I would argue that strengthening Commerce first would attract more customers who would be willing to pay more for the immense value it has the potential to deliver.

(I've been using Nexus since ~2011, and have been holding out hope for such an overhaul all this time.. lol)

Archived