Guest View Limit on Forums Topics

About This File

This plugin will limit topic views for guests in last 24 hours, which can make the number of new users grow considerably in your community. Your topics will continue to be indexed because bots (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) are not taken into consideration for the restriction.

Settings:

• Number of visits allowed per day
  • Forums where to apply the restriction
  • Message error.

The message error is translatable, which means that you can use a specific message for each language you have installed on your board.

Edited by Adriano Faria
3 hours ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Bought it now.

Question:
- What about Bots, such as Google.. are they limited too?

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Your topics will continue to be indexed because bots (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) are not taken into consideration for the restriction.

Edited by Adriano Faria
24 minutes ago, EmpireKickAss said:

consider selling it little cheaper at $5?

$10 is the price I judge fair for waste my time to learn and release those things. $5 to you is $4 to me, after pay tax and fee to IPS. So no, for $4 I prefer to listen some music and drink one beer.

You can always learn or request a free resource in proper forum.

Edited by Adriano Faria
drink
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You, as guest, should be able to view a topic twice or 2 different topics.

I have it installed here. Try yourself: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/

If you are sure that everything is set and still not working, drop me a PM with ACP access.

Hm, I just checked your link / demo installation, but I'm not even allowed to read a single (1) topic...

Maximum views reached directly. And I really can't remember having been on this site before... ;)

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You, as guest, should be able to view a topic twice or 2 different topics.

I have it installed here. Try yourself: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/

If you are sure that everything is set and still not working, drop me a PM with ACP access.

Hm, I just checked your link / demo installation, but I'm not even allowed to read a single (1) topic...

Maximum views reached directly. And I really can't remember having been on this site before... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On May 12, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Thanks for another great plugin! I purchased this and also "Guest View Limit on Databases Records".

Would be great if your two guest limit plugins would be fit into one "global" plugin that could also manage also guest access to the other apps, like the Blog and Calender, i.e. to globally allow x nb of visits. Do you have such future plans?

Yes, it would be perfect.

On 12/05/2016 at 7:37 AM, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Thanks for another great plugin! I purchased this and also "Guest View Limit on Databases Records".

Would be great if your two guest limit plugins would be fit into one "global" plugin that could also manage also guest access to the other apps, like the Blog and Calender, i.e. to globally allow x nb of visits. Do you have such future plans?

4 hours ago, sobrenome said:

Yes, it would be perfect.

Dawpi released one like thag a couple of days after this one:

I don't like to make a similar resource if already has one available. Sorry.

• 3 months later...

Today I installed this plug-in in 4.1.13.2

It doesn't seem to be working. It's blocking all the pages with a blank page and no visible message.
could I be doing something wrong ? I already have 15 plug-ins installed, not sure if there could be a conflict.