Clickable links in announcements

motomac

Of course I can use TXT & PHP Widget by Pete T, but I would like to use native tools, when it's possible and I don't want to purchase Pages app for such tiny function.

I guess, not many people put long texts into the announcements, so there is no reason to cut them. Announcements were created to attract user's attention on super important things. But currently I can't format announcements at all, use font size, color or even links. And it's sad :(

P.S. As for URLs it's possible to parse them again an make them clickable.

You are trying to “misuse” the function and complain it doesn’t behave correctly for this “misuse”. The design of the function is very clearly that of a link(!) to an announcement page, just like the latest forum posts blocks and things like that work. There is a headline as a link and a short preview text. Then you are supposed to click it and read the full announcement. That’s how it is designed and meant and for that it works just fine. If you don’t want to link to an announcement page at all and instead just show another link, the announcement feature is just not the right option for you. 

Archived