Advertising - Option to not open in new window

DesignzShop

Maybe I'm missing this or a way to do it however it would be nice to see us given an option to not have ads automatically open in a new window, especially if the ad is internal or for site use. For me this is also nice because it allows me to direct members to a specific location on my forum and track it to an extent.

Thank You

1 hour ago, DesignzShop said:

Maybe I'm missing this or a way to do it however it would be nice to see us given an option to not have ads automatically open in a new window, especially if the ad is internal or for site use. For me this is also nice because it allows me to direct members to a specific location on my forum and track it to an extent.

Thank You

Since it is HTML that is inserted, "target="_self" is a valid option for the links. That will open in the same window. 

(<a href="https://example.com/" target="_self">Example</a>)

On 2/8/2016 at 4:38 PM, tnn said:

Ahh, I see what you are saying... :)

Actually tnn I assumed you could use html in that field like you, As an example we can add html in the profile name field from acp however it's not the case for this field. You're required to enter a url and a message box pops up asking you to do so before proceeding. So there's actually no way to open a ad in the same window, everything is set to _blank.

This is really imo something that needs looked at. If something was to be done I'd still rather see a option in the form instead of inserting code.

Any thoughts on this @Lindy

Regards

• 9 months later...

Archived