Unread Notification not highlight.

WAQAS DAR

notification are not hightlight which are actually not checked or clicked.. 

in view all notification page its fine it shows bold text .. but it should be fixed here to to highlight unread notification so we can know which one we checked . sometimes there r so many and its hard to find which 1 we checked .

here is the screenshot

Capture.thumb.PNG.2ff2f187ad44b6841d184c

• 3 weeks later...

I can see it both ways, they are notifications and when you open the window you have read the notifications (but not the content), so it clears ("View all notifications" page keeps read status of each). The problem is when you click one, and return, you lose your place when you have more than a few. So I would also like them to stay bold until clicked.

On the other hand, the window clearing gives you an automatic marking point when new notifications come in.

The solution could be to keep the unread status for each link until clicked but also give a quick way to clear the window, a "Mark all read" link at the bottom, synced with the full list.

OR

Keep as is... the window clears but put a blue line under the last result that was new, and it doesn't reset until you get new notifications. Like the line in streams. Kind of the same idea as keeping bold, but you don't have that extra click of clearing all, and you also have a divider.

1 hour ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Yes please, keep the red "unread notification symbol" at the envelope untill ALL mails are read.

This would not be good, the red circle on the envelope it not an unread message count it's to notify of a new message. When you click you dismiss because you have been notified. Lots of people have unread messages in their boxes and they don't want a red number they can't dismiss with a click.

At least in this window they stay bold until read, because they are actual messages, not notifications. :)

23 minutes ago, Apfelstrudel said:

But that's the way how standard apps and other pages (i.e. FB) are working. I have missed a lot of PMs because they went down in the small PM box. There is no way to see if I have an unread message anywhere down the fold.

I know I think that's a bug actually.

I see what you are getting at. They could definitely put the unread number at the top of the small window, it would fit in the header after "Inbox". Also on the message page itself I am not seeing a count. Good point. But that count should not be the red circle on the envelope, that is to notify of new messages and dismissed when clicked.

• 1 month later...

Archived