Small request.. What do you guys think? user own store front

SJ77

People come in with "this should be in core" ideas all the time. Well, here's another one.

I would really like it if the store front could be sorted for files from a specific user. 

I realize already one can visit a user profile and click files. However, making it an option in the store/marketplace (whatever) will provide the member with a feeling of having their OWN store front. They would then share their store front link with others. Give's them a little more feeling of ownership.

This is good (should stay)

56b377ac15c86_filesby.thumb.JPG.f20501fd

but I think this would be awesomeuser.thumb.JPG.22c6412a9719ec35c383f520b

Maybe the "user" filter isn't visible (as a drop down or whatever) on the store front itself. Perhaps it's only a URL option.  Maybe there is a way to configure the URL such that it links to the custom (filtered for user) store front  and thus will show only specific user files. Then I could add a link to it from the user profile.

Also I would encourage store owners to promote and share the link to "their store" online. Could be a powerful way to have users promote our websites to others and drive traffic up.

I apologize if this is already an option. (if so I missed this)

Look forward to hearing thoughts. Thank you

• Should be pretty easy to add "by user" filter to Downloads app
  • Forum has "file by user" option on profile, Download app would benefit in different ways from same option
  • would encourage sense of ownership
  • would encourage users to promote "their store"
  • one simple addition to expand greatly downloads functionality. (IE: amazon gives users their own store front)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 0:14 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Couldn't find the post, but @Lindy said that something like this (users sell their own items on store) it's on their roadmap, no ETA though.

If nothing else I think this would be a great custom mod for the marketplace.

• 8 months later...

It's funny that this comes up now because I've actually requested that @Adriano Faria work on something like this and he said he would do it.

21 hours ago, Joel R said:

Sales Portal Pro by @Spanner

Classifieds by @Adriano Faria

just to be clear these a classified mods not a custom user store front mod.

I would edit and also ad that users should have their own custom store front URL

On 11/8/2016 at 2:52 PM, superj707 said:

It's funny that this comes up now because I've actually requested that @Adriano Faria work on something like this and he said he would do it.

just to be clear these a classified mods not a custom user store front mod.

I would edit and also ad that users should have their own custom store front URL

Is this English? That's what I get for trying to post here using my phone. LOL

I was trying to say; The classified mods referenced above do not contain a custom user store front.

A custom user store front would be an area for the seller to display only his/her items that are for sale. Maybe a custom wall paper and certainly a custom URL.

This would allow the seller to advertise on other sites the URL for their store.

This would work really well with digital media/ clip & photo stores.

3 hours ago, superj707 said:

A custom user store front would be an area for the seller to display only his/her items that are for sale. Maybe a custom wall paper and certainly a custom URL.

The one big issue I see with that is Commerce is set to use 1 account to deposit into/pay from.  It is not currently set up to allow those users to set up their own payment gateway(s).  

I don't know about you, but I sure don't want my paypal account associated with my users for their transactions.  I can see charge-backs galore in a future in that case. ;)

It would require a major shift and redesign of the commerce package into a more "shop" setup.  As it is now, it's targeted at the site admin (and therefor the site itself) to perform sales.  I have the classifieds add-on and it has the ability to integrate to allow users for sale items to process through my payment gateways, but I don't allow it because of that very reason.

21 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

The one big issue I see with that is Commerce is set to use 1 account to deposit into/pay from.  It is not currently set up to allow those users to set up their own payment gateway(s).  

They won't need it.  The payments work the same way. It only has to filter down by each user for display purposes.

I don't know about you, but I sure don't want my paypal account associated with my users for their transactions.  I can see charge-backs galore in a future in that case. ;)

There are many sellers on this site selling their own mods in the market place. Why would that process that already is shown to be working here change? Only thing this would do is for example give Adriano a way to showcase all of his mods for IPB

It would require a major shift and redesign of the commerce package into a more "shop" setup.  As it is now, it's targeted at the site admin (and therefor the site itself) to perform sales.  I have the classifieds add-on and it has the ability to integrate to allow users for sale items to process through my payment gateways, but I don't allow it because of that very reason.

I don't think it would require a shift of any kind other than allowing things that are already being sold to be filtered by user. The site does this in the forums, gallery and blogs already why shouldn't downloads work the same way?

1 hour ago, superj707 said:

There are many sellers on this site selling their own mods in the market place. Why would that process that already is shown to be working here change? Only thing this would do is for example give Adriano a way to showcase all of his mods for IPB

Not really sure how it's set up exactly, but I know in Commerce you enter YOUR payment processor credentials for it.  All transactions then process through your account(s) for the payment processor apparently.  I'm assuming that it allows a splitting of that and that the user, when adding a file that is for sale sets up their PayPal account (or whatever is supported) to automate the payout?  I don't have the files setup, but only Adriano's classifieds add-on.  I know when setting up that it doesn't prompt the "advertiser" for any payout credentials, so I'm assuming it just "banks" that amount that's owed them and then a manual intervention is required. :question:

The documentation on Commerce leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.

1 hour ago, Tracy Perry said:

Not really sure how it's set up exactly, but I know in Commerce you enter YOUR payment processor credentials for it.  All transactions then process through your account(s) for the payment processor apparently.  I'm assuming that it allows a splitting of that and that the user, when adding a file that is for sale sets up their PayPal account (or whatever is supported) to automate the payout?  I don't have the files setup, but only Adriano's classifieds add-on.  I know when setting up that it doesn't prompt the "advertiser" for any payout credentials, so I'm assuming it just "banks" that amount that's owed them and then a manual intervention is required. :question:

The documentation on Commerce leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.

There must be some way that they are doing it on this site because developers are getting paid for their work.

Anyone know how this works?

4 hours ago, superj707 said:

There must be some way that they are doing it on this site because developers are getting paid for their work.

Anyone know how this works?

It's not what you think.  Marketplace contributors are NOT automatically paid when a user purchases a file.  

What happens is that IPS is paid in full, and the Marketplace contributor is apportioned Account Credit.  You then manually need to request a pay-out from IPS, for them to transfer actual funds to your PayPal account.  

9 minutes ago, Joel R said:

It's not what you think.  Marketplace contributors are NOT automatically paid when a user purchases a file.  

What happens is that IPS is paid in full, and the Marketplace contributor is apportioned Account Credit.  You then manually need to request a pay-out from IPS, for them to transfer actual funds to your PayPal account.  

Thanks

Same applies to classifieds, right? as it uses Commerce...

On 11/15/2016 at 5:15 PM, Joel R said:

There is no way for the funds to automatically be transferred you have to manually pay out each person?

Archived