Reporting A Member Profile

Hawkesburycouple

REPORTING A MEMBER PROFILE

Something that we did not really take much notice of and never thought much about until we had some of our members commenting about it and using the SUPPORT SYSTEM or the CONTACT US link to get in touch with us in regard to another member behaving in an inappropriate way. 

Something that is now sadly missing from version 4 and which has been present in all previous versions was the link at the bottom of each Member Profile TO REPORT THIS MEMBER.   For sites like ours which is all about our members and their interaction should a member be behaving in an unacceptable manner then there needs to be a quick and simple way for other members to be able to bring the problem to Admins attention.  This was possible in all previous versions but not in version 4.  Members can only now report content, IE: forum posts.

I would like this back too

We can report ( and hide) posts but if a member is being a bit sneaky and sending PMs which are unwanted distasteful then we should be able to report them for sure. Admin can then login as member to see his/her naughty PMs and ban the member or take whatever action necessary

• Offensive material in the About Me section or on the profile.
  • A company that signed up that sells pirated software.
  • Spam suspect.
  • Someone pretending to be you.
  • Offensive display name.
  • Reporting chat behavior.
  • Report offensive off-site communication if you display your email.

Plenty of reasons. A report logs it and sends to all staff, a PM is not for reporting. Why would this be removed?

Also consider a user who wants to report another user may simply expect to report them from their profile even if it is for content, or general troublemaking. Especially since it was always there before.

On 1/31/2016 at 3:53 AM, chilihead said:
  • Offensive material in the About Me section or on the profile.
  • A company that signed up that sells pirated software.
  • Spam suspect.
  • Someone pretending to be you.
  • Offensive display name.
  • Reporting chat behavior.
  • Report offensive off-site communication if you display your email.

Plenty of reasons. A report logs it and sends to all staff, a PM is not for reporting. Why would this be removed?

Also consider a user who wants to report another user may simply expect to report them from their profile even if it is for content, or general troublemaking. Especially since it was always there before.

EXACTLY.

The above reasons as to why another site member might want to report a member profile are far more than just mentioned above.  As has already been mentioned what about someone behaving badly in the chat room.   There is no content such as a forum post to report.   It was all too easy prior to version 4 and this is another thing that is now sadly missing from IPB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do IPS have any plans to add this, or does anyone have plans to create a more simple plugin for this? This is the only extra feature I want from Member & Staff Tools so I can't really justify buying that application.

2 hours ago, DChiuch said:

Do IPS have any plans to add this, or does anyone have plans to create a more simple plugin for this? This is the only extra feature I want from Member & Staff Tools so I can't really justify buying that application.

Why? Are 10$ to much for this? Or is it because some people said it's bloatware? You don't need to use the other tools from the application.

Just now, fosters said:

Why? Are 10$ to much for this? Or is it because some people said it's bloatware? You don't need to use the other tools from the application.

$10 + $18/year renewal is too much for me to add a single feature. Other people might feel differently but that's my opinion.

It might not be bloatware for people who enjoy many of the included features, but for me that just wants one feature, it kind of is. In my opinion it would be better if each feature was its own plugin at around $2-3 with no renewal, and that way people can pick out what they actually need. But that's just my opinion since you asked, it's your application and completely up to you.

Archived