iAwards

2 hours ago, -RAW- said:

Amazing release mate, exactly what IPS needed.

Hope to see some automatic Award features though:

• If post amount is more than X.
  • If like/reputation amount is more than X.
  • If member has been registered for longer than X.
  • If member has more than X profile views.
  • If member completed specific profile fields.
  • If member uploaded header/profile picture.
  • If member made a post in a specific section (Example, introductions).
  • If member has more than X Amount of followers.

Would the rules be able to do this? Example usage would be awesome! :) Love it.

@Kevin Carwile ?

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Amazing release mate, exactly what IPS needed.

Hope to see some automatic Award features though:

• If post amount is more than X.
  • If like/reputation amount is more than X.
  • If member has been registered for longer than X.
  • If member has more than X profile views.
  • If member completed specific profile fields.
  • If member uploaded header/profile picture.
  • If member made a post in a specific section (Example, introductions).
  • If member has more than X Amount of followers.

Would the rules be able to do this? Example usage would be awesome! :) Love it.

@Kevin Carwile ?

Hi Jimmy and thanks

I am sure you can do this and more with Rules but you may wan't to ask Kevin just to make sure.

1 minute ago, Kevin Carwile said:

All of that is very simple to do since iAwards works together with rules. It was very smart to include the integration.

@-RAW-, If you get me a release copy of the app, I can set up a simple rule for each of those scenarios and you can then bundle them in with the app so users can hit the ground running.

Sure i will pm you in a bit.

17 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

All of that is very simple to do since iAwards works together with rules. It was very smart to include the integration.

@-RAW-, If you get me a release copy of the app, I can set up a simple rule for each of those scenarios and you can then bundle them in with the app so users can hit the ground running.

Great, mind quoting me once it's done.. I assume once that's done, this will be simple? 

Also, i for example had my forum running for some while. Are there any like 'cron' jobs to run and check each user for the requirements for each award, so basically if i set... profile views 100, get award.. then all with that will be awarded instantly? :) 

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort

It's relatively simple to implement automation using rules, on pinned topic check if user has award if not supply pinned award.

If user reaches 100 posts award

if user reaches 100 posts, 10 reputation points, has donor award supply award (insert award name).

The different scenarios are endless.

Just now, craigf136 said:

It's relatively simple to implement automation using rules, on pinned topic check if user has award if not supply pinned award.

If user reaches 100 posts award

if user reaches 100 posts, 10 reputation points, has donor award supply award (insert award name).

The different scenarios are endless.

You have it your self, any screenshots? Maybe I'm just too scared :p 

6 minutes ago, NoGi said:

@Jimmy Gavekort how many times can the award be given to the same person? If it's more than once, you need to remove the restriction from the award under options.

its only once, i already got the award so i dont know why it keeps saying that i already have it.. when editing rules etc

yeah this is very annoying bug, needs to be fixed

iaWyrMj.gif

hcGL0MC.png

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort

@Jimmy Gavekort 

Active record created/updated is going to apply to nearly everything in the system. Its basically an event that fires everytime the database is updated. Probably not what you are shooting for.

For example, the rule you are trying to create is an active record. So your rule is probably trying to award you for creating a rule (ironic). You should pick something more specific such as "any content is created or updated", and then add a condition to that rule to check that the "new" variable is true in the event to further limit your rule to just when content is created.

@-RAW-

That error is being generated by iawards, but I cant tell you why at the moment. Rules catches all thrown exceptions so something like that shouldnt happen.

Did you add any code to your api methods that halts execution and sends error output instead of simply throwing an exception that can be caught? It seems like that is what is happening.

I'll have a look at your source code this evening and see whats going on here.