Night Mode/Dark Theme

Day_

My first suggestion of the year and I think it's a great one. 

Release a dark theme/night mode out the box. If possible an option to switch to the dark theme automatically during X hours. (This would be super awesome)

I know there are a lot of dark themes available in the marketplace however you are then in the hands of the theme developers and a lot are too dark to even read.

I also know you can create your own themes and you've made it really really easy now but there is an awful lot of custom css to be found and added to create a truly dark theme. The editor was a bit of a pain.

A lot of apps now offer dark themes, even Twitter jumped on the bandwagon last week with their Mac app and Apple are bringing out blue light reduction setting in iOS 9.3.

I know @ehren. over at IPSFocus has a theme that changes from a colorful background to an orangey background around sunrise/sunset and black at night; so it's certainly possible to have a transitioning theme based on time of day. However I don't think we'd ever see IPS implement such a thing into their default theme which they've already went the minimalist route with as-is.

Just now, Koby said:

I know @ehren. over at IPSFocus has a theme that changes from a colorful background to an orangey background around sunrise/sunset and black at night; so it's certainly possible to have a transitioning theme based on time of day. However I don't think we'd ever see IPS implement such a thing into their default theme which they've already went the minimalist route with as-is.

at the very least i would like to see a dark version of the standard ips theme.

Archived