HELP! Issues after updating - Forum Down!

John_C

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EmpireKickAss said:

goddess me, I'm surprised. They are not crap however I didn't know about there system. Have you asked about upgraded to higher then 5.5?

and what plugins you have install on your website?

Who Was Here, Dev Fuse Timeslips and Collections (Garage) are the only plugins I have. 

I just visited your forum.

Did you disable 3rd party addons before upgrading? I have been getting into the habit of doing that. I ain't no pro at computer lingo and stuff but I'm seeing that some of the addons could and do cause issues during an upgrade. I now disable them all. Then update. I will then enable them one at a time to see if there are any issues along the way.

Roger

Just now, Mahumba said:

I just visited your forum.

Did you disable 3rd party addons before upgrading? I have been getting into the habit of doing that. I ain't no pro at computer lingo and stuff but I'm seeing that some of the addons could and do cause issues during an upgrade. I now disable them all. Then update. I will then enable them one at a time to see if there are any issues along the way.

Roger

I didn't disable them. I didn't know we're supposed to do that. Is that common practice? 

3 minutes ago, John_C said:

What is rules lite?

you haven't heard of it, that means you haven't gotten it.

rules lite is a plugin that is given out errors to all clients at the moment till updated.

well, you might have to get the ips team to look into your software again and this time double check properly

Ok, first off and I don't know why  did it but I called godaddy. Their highest php setting they have is 5.5 which you can set on your side. So switch it to 5.5! Your board will throw you errors on 5.4 like a 500 to 1 dodge ball game!

By the way, I don't use godaddy but their customer line didn't leave ya on hold for 1/2 a day listening to that mind bending music and they even give you an option to hit the pound key to turn off the music! haha

Roger

4 minutes ago, Mahumba said:

Ok, first off and I don't know why  did it but I called godaddy. Their highest php setting they have is 5.5 which you can set on your side. So switch it to 5.5! Your board will throw you errors on 5.4 like a 500 to 1 dodge ball game!

By the way, I don't use godaddy but their customer line didn't leave ya on hold for 1/2 a day listening to that mind bending music and they even give you an option to hit the pound key to turn off the music! haha

Roger

that's what I like about them, support is great. Very great.

11 minutes ago, Mahumba said:

Ok, first off and I don't know why I did it but I called godaddy. Their highest php setting they have is 5.5 which you can set on your side. So switch it to 5.5! Your board will throw you errors on 5.4 like a 500 to 1 dodge ball game!

Roger

I'll try it. Got to call them and find where it is because it didn't show it in the cpanel. 

Archived