Calendar Suggestion: Invite people to events

abetts

• 4 weeks later...

It would also be excellent if a calendar event auto-created a topic in a forum that could be chosen when the event is created. I know that the rules app can do this but to make people use the calendar more, this would really help. 

I like the idea on its own merits.  It makes sense to invite your friends or other community members to an event.  

I think this suggestion would be even more compelling if and when IPS includes social circles / friends.  

But would I want any member to be able to broadcast an invite to all 10,000 members in my community any time they wanted for an event they created impromptu? Heck no.  

So I like the idea on its own merits but there probably needs more thought in its execution.  

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

But would I want any member to be able to broadcast an invite to all 10,000 members in my community any time they wanted for an event they created impromptu? Heck no.  

You take a leat from FB, you have to invite people 1 at a time. Works for 1.5bn people on there.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can add this new feature.

:D Yes please :D

• 1 year later...

A kind bump to this request. I am playing with calendar and it will be useful. 

To prevent people spamming with invites you can use the same limitation as in the Messenger app - i.e. how many people can be invited at once, total number of invites, etc. 

Archived