Basic Points (Support)

14 hours ago, Mike John said:

I can provide edits to change this manually if needed. But I am working on the next version due soon and an option to change this will be included in settings.

Thanks for the reply @Mike John, If you wouldn't mind giving me the edit that would be great, i am currently implementing this system into a way of tracking guild mates activity over the months. 

I am currently using a free points system but with what @Mike John said about them kinda fading out here and there I am excited about the possibilities of this app. One main feature I am really after is to be able to purchase items though commerce with points. The main thing I need is for it to be clear/separate from real money as we use the points system for trading in-game gear, which is against the games rules to sell/trade for real money but we have been given the go ahead for a fake/points system. Another thing that would be great, if possible is some kind of random points generator that members would get for say, logging in daily if that makes sense?

IE member logs in = Rewarded X amount of points today but maybe fixed or random? 

And lastly something I have wanted for a while now, an auction system with points, I know that's kinda a separate thing but I thought it's worth  a mention :p

I've just released a new version that introduces some new features:

1. Auto reset points ability added.
  2. Daily topic limit now working.
  3. Top points widget added for displaying top point members over week, month, year and all time.
  4. The fixed point 100 & 200 options are now settings and can be disabled if needed.
  5. Points can now be renamed and a prefix set throughout where points figure is displayed.
On 5/2/2016 at 5:24 AM, MadMcardle said:

Another thing that would be great, if possible is some kind of random points generator that members would get for say, logging in daily if that makes sense?

IE member logs in = Rewarded X amount of points today but maybe fixed or random? 

I can set it to issue points for logging in but how did you want to control the random nature?

12 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Is it possible to make this the default currency through commerce? 

As in used for purchases for commerce product?

On 2/15/2016 at 3:20 PM, MadMcardle said:

That's right, currently I can't set my points system as the default currency as it is not a "real" currency,  which is a shame as we don't sell anything for real money lol 

I second this, it would be great. ;)

Is there currently a function where users can donate points to other members in this app?

Hello,

I come about this :

I got error with this app when I create post in existing topic :

Quote (Support member) :

basicpoints_hook_topicHook->processCommentForm(Array)

Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:37:11 +0000 (Severity: 2)82.127.218.139 - http://sa-mp-fr.com/index.php?/topic/319-bug-connexion/
OutOfRangeException0: 
#0 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Content/Item.php(3334): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0)
#1 [internal function]: IPS\Content\_Item->processCommentForm(Array)
#2 /home/sampfrcoka/www/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(87): call_user_func_array('parent::process...', Array)
#3 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Content/Item.php(3151): IPS\forums\basicpoints_hook_topicHook->processCommentForm(Array)
#4 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Theme/Theme.php(694) : eval()'d code(3197): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\forums\Topic), NULL, Array)
#6 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/sampfrcoka/www/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(267): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#8 /home/sampfrcoka/www/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(267): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\forums\Topic), NULL, Array)
#9 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#10 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Content/Controller.php(46): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/sampfrcoka/www/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/sampfrcoka/www/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#13 /home/sampfrcoka/www/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for help me.

On 25/2/2016 at 2:20 AM, Mike John said:

Anything wrong with the Points app that I need to be aware of or was an error in IPB?

The problem was resolved. I tested the application of basic points, and I had no bug.

So I think it's ok, but the support did not give me any reason. Sorry.

Regards.

Edited by Eidorian

Someone had an idea,a  cool new concept on gaining points to spend on packages and what not. Yes, I followed the cliche trend that all of the new promotion forums have by using points to purchase packages and what not but I added a little spin on how you earn the points. Instead of posting tirelessly on the forum to gain points, you can simply add a referral link to your website! When a user clicks it, you get some points! Security features have been added. (Before anyone asks)

URL Example:

http://promolocus.com/refer.php?username=UserNameHere

Code Example For The Tech Heads:

$username = $_GET['username'];
      $query = "SELECT * FROM *removed* WHERE *removed*";
      $stmt = $dbh->prepare($query);
      $stmt->bindParam("*removed*", $username, PDO::PARAM_STR);
      $stmt->execute();
      if($stmt->rowCount() > 0) {
         # We found the username... Now, who's clicked?
         $query = "SELECT * FROM *removed* WHERE *removed*";
         $stmt = $dbh->prepare($query);
         $stmt->bindValue("*removed*", *removed* PDO::PARAM_STR);
         $stmt->execute();
         if($stmt->rowCount() > 0) {
          # Code Logic blah blah
         }
      }

Keep in mind it's not my code and won't fully work on IPS forums, but you get what I mean by this anyway

On 04/03/2016 at 4:36 AM, Mike John said:

What type of integration are you suggesting?

A bit like the integration with commerce whereby members can use credits against items in downloads app, maybe as others suggested, allow to set events, like new registrations, login, daily reward etc, the admin can create the events and set the x amount of credits a member receives, like the credits system used in xenforo, it integrates with resources (downloads plugin) and allows, from a set list, events to be created.

I can provide screens from the xf system if it helps explain better.