(DP42) CSE Google

On 2/4/2017 at 7:22 PM, DawPi said:

Could anyone tell me what doesn't work exactly what I did in this mod? :)

It's showing results from a google search engine correctly. In few words, guys honestly, what doesn't work? With screenshots.

Thanks. :)

What are you talking about? I posted a screenshot above showing the problem... :-/ You said you were going to take a look at this issue, but I am still waiting. It is NOT showing the correct results when diacritic characters are used, and at the moment we have your plugin disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No issue here, I'm considering a purchase for my site, I just thought there might be a bug fix release soon :) 

Does this add a 'Google' option to the search menu, or does it actually replace the 'All Content' search?

Edited by crmarks

Would it be possible to create an optional toggle to add Google as another search option, instead of replacing All Content? I am not sure if I want a full search replacement for all users, or simply the option for users to choose Google. screen_2.png in the marketplace download seems to imply this behavior.

Also, is it best to upgrade the plugin, or remove and reinstall during version updates?

Edited by crmarks

Hi @DawPi!

I've been trying out the plugin today and noticed an issue with CSE customization. Many of the Google CSE Look and feel settings are hard coded into the javascript inside the plugin, so changing the theme and style settings in the CSE control panel have no effect on the live site. This also effects the ability to set a custom link target (mine is set to "_self" but it is forced to open results in a new window)

Is there a way to update the plugin javascript code so our CSE customizations are passed through? These aren't things that can be changed via CSS, they can only be set from the CSE admin panel and passed through their latest javascript.

The latest CSE javascript code is async and supports a lot of HTML5 customization. It may be possible to present the CSE results in a way that looks more like the native IPS search interface, if the results template was further developed with these new features. https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/element.

Edited by crmarks
  • 1 month later...

My search results fail to show. A JS error is printed to the log;

Cannot read property 'CustomSearchControl' of undefined

I created a non-paid search engine to test with, the same issue occurs with that.

I have cleared the cache also.

• 2 weeks later...