(NB41) Ads Widget

newbie LAC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi,

In AdminCP > System > Advertisements what location do you set for an ad i plan on showing in your widget?

If I want to show an ad in the sidebar but further down near the bottom of the sidebar, i have dragged over the widget and placed it where i want. Now in the advertisements system how do i set the location for the ad i want to show in this widget?

do you need to define a custom 'key' ? if so where do you input this key in your widget?

Hello,

1 hour ago, jp said:

In AdminCP > System > Advertisements what location do you set for an ad i plan on showing in your widget?

Any.

You can select ads using widget settings (see 3rd screen)

1 hour ago, jp said:

If I want to show an ad in the sidebar but further down near the bottom of the sidebar, i have dragged over the widget and placed it where i want. Now in the advertisements system how do i set the location for the ad i want to show in this widget?

Widget works with top/bottom positions only.

On public side click on "Manage Blocks" button and select my plugin

mb.jpg.afa128caabfce457023de6e64fd4fd4f.

My understanding was that this extension was so I could show the core IPS advertisements in a widget and as it is a widget I can drag it and place it anywhere on my site like the other widgets.

now you say it can only show in 2 locations?!! This was never mentioned anywhere. How do I request a refund as this is not what it portrays it does.

33 minutes ago, jp said:

I could show the core IPS advertisements in a widget

You can do it.

33 minutes ago, jp said:

I can drag it and place it anywhere on my site like the other widgets.

You can do it. Sidebar position not supported because the plugin was made by request and it (sidebar position) was not necessary.

33 minutes ago, jp said:

now you say it can only show in 2 locations?!!

How many do you want? Where are 3 locations by default for widgets: top, bottom and sidebar.

33 minutes ago, jp said:

as this is not what it portrays it does.

Where is this written?

If you provide information as it should looks (works) in the sidebar, I'll add

• 1 month later...

Hello,

15 hours ago, Michael R said:

Any chance this can be used in any position in the sidebar? Seems like that is what most folks are looking for.

Yes. I have some ideas for cascade type since no one wants to write the principle of works in sidebar. 1 advert will be shown which will be replaced by another.

5 hours ago, ACEForums said:

The widget appears on smart phones in the correct spot but the only thing that appears to the name of the block. 

I need a link to see the problem.

3 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

I need a link to see the problem.

Check out www.aceforums.com.au  If you change from landscape to portrait on an iPad the advertiser's buttons disappear as well.

I don't mind the cascade option but i found I had multiples of the same advert running at the same time.

On 15.01.2016 at 3:32 PM, ACEForums said:

Check out www.aceforums.com.au  If you change from landscape to portrait on an iPad the advertiser's buttons disappear as well.

I don't mind the cascade option but i found I had multiples of the same advert running at the same time.

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I have not received a notification of a new message.

Have you uploaded images for phone? I think no. I see only for desktop. Adverts have class ipsResponsive_showDesktop. See for more info

Okay, just had a play with this on our dev instance.

Just one minor point which hopefully you can fix. When in the top area, it will shows all the adverts in a carousel in random rotation and looks great.

ips4_1.thumb.jpg.5deab2f9b935be6929e81f5

If I place the widget into the sidebar, it's still using the horizontal width to calculate how many ads to show (and scrolls the ads horizontally). I'd expect them to be stacked above one another and rotate horizontally, is that easily tweaked? I reckon this'd be a killer product if you could sort that.

ips4_2.thumb.jpg.3e977093c779600c6ec12a6

9 hours ago, thenorfolkbroads.net said:

If I place the widget into the sidebar, it's still using the horizontal width to calculate how many ads to show (and scrolls the ads horizontally). I'd expect them to be stacked above one another and rotate horizontally, is that easily tweaked? I reckon this'd be a killer product if you could sort that.

Sounds like cascade type with horizontal rotate. Currently uses vertical.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived