Highlight Linked Posts (Support)

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

It works to highlight with the default colours. Unsure the colour changes work on a custom theme, though.

I will make the change in the theme myself easily enough but just wanted to let you know that using the built-in colour picker doesn't change the colours on my custom theme.

What theme is that? Is it possible to view it in operation?

18 minutes ago, Mike John said:

What theme is that? Is it possible to view it in operation?

Huh, that's weird. It is half-working now -- the background has changed but the border has not. When I first tested changing the colours earlier it didn't work at all.

Example: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/index.php?/topic/4782-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/#comment-93739

Maybe I need to refresh the site's data? Is there even anything like that that could have an effect on this?

Edited by Simon Woods
21 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

Maybe I need to refresh the site's data? Is there even anything like that that could have an effect on this?

Try to rule out a css issue first. If you view the source code of the topic and view the css link near the top. Can you see any reference to something like this or the highlight.css file?

:target + .cPost  {
    background: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_colour"} !important;
    border-color: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"};
}

:target + .cPost aside {
}

49 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Try to rule out a css issue first. If you view the source code of the topic and view the css link near the top. Can you see any reference to something like this or the highlight.css file?

:target + .cPost  {
    border-color: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"};
}

:target + .cPost aside {
}

That's in there, yep -- I got that via Inspect rather than View page source. The border-color has a line through it. Got that from here: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/index.php?/topic/4782-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/#comment-81806

Also, it's ehren's Dispersion theme with a bunch of custom css.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/1/2020 at 7:38 AM, optrexnz said:

Can you explain how I use this mod please? I want to highlight posts within a topic, but am not sure how its supposed to work

This only highlights a linked post, so for example if someone opens your post in their browser it would highlight that post - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/422978-highlight-linked-posts-support/?do=findComment&comment=2832908