Profile Field Per User Group

About This File

This plugin will allow admins to choose which user groups will be able to use and view each Profile Field. All groups, by default, will be able to use any Profile Field. Users from groups that are not selected on field settings will not be able to view and fill the field on his profile.

Usage:

• Go to Members -> Profiles -> Profile Fields. Edit or create a new Profile Field. You will notice two new fields:
    • Allowed Groups: choose which user groups you want their users to FILL the field.
    • Visible to: choose which user groups you want their users to VIEW the field in profile/posts. Admins and the profile owner will be able to view all profile fields.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Dominic Frasca said:

Love your plugin, but when I upgraded today, I lost everything, all my posts were gone.

My main page was there, with the links to posts, but if you clicked on a post it bought you to an all white page of nothingness.

support disabled your plugin and told me to contact you, if so when
are you going to upgrade it, so its compatible?

What's New in Version 2.0.1:

• Compatibility with IPS 4.1.9.

@Dominic Frasca, I suggest you to use carefully the words when you report something. All that happened is a BLANK SCREEN on topics due to a change IPS made on 4.1.9. It doesn't DELETE all your account... it couldn't, since my plugin doesn't has any DELETE instruction!

• 4 months later...

@Adriano Faria

The setting to choose which user grups CAN VIEW profile fields were removed due to some confusion and bugs reported, some never confirmed/duplicated.

How can I enable it? This is a MUST feature that I need to enabled so that other members can see certain user groups fields on post view in author infopane.

Please assist. I'm using v4.1.13.2. Any chance to edit some theme files or plugin etc? How?

Seriously, if you are going to post here, why send a PM?

I will paste again as I think you didn't read it:

The setting to choose which user grups CAN VIEW profile fields were removed due to some confusion and bugs reported, some never confirmed/duplicated.

Clear now?

And no, I'm not aware of any edit to make that happen.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2016 at 11:43 AM, PedroNL said:

I had a user ask if we could put Anniversary of certain people like is built into IPS and then have it show up on the front page like Birthdays do.. Could your application do that?

Birthday isn't profile fiedls. They're columns on core_members table. Also, not sure what you mean by "front page".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

I'm having trouble testing this with just my staff members. Me and my co-admin can see the new fields we have made but none of my moderators can. I've even selected them in the 'allow' group as well just to make sure but they still can't see it.

Simon, made some tests and worked fine for me: http://www.screencast.com/t/LpPByzDWWxSj

I suggest you to do what newbie lac: disable one of them and try it alone. Then try the other alone, etc. Possibly some kind on incompatibility, since both may extend same method.

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Simon, made some tests and worked fine for me: http://www.screencast.com/t/LpPByzDWWxSj

I suggest you to do what newbie lac: disable one of them and try it alone. Then try the other alone, etc. Possibly some kind on incompatibility, since both may extend same method.

Thanks! I just did this and it worked fine once I disabled this plugin; at that point all of the profile fields are available for everybody like normal anyway, so that makes sense. I also did it with a couple of other plugins that change things near the fields but they were fine by themselves and didn't fix it when disabled.

It's as if it ignores the specific account groups but is fine with the 'All Groups' box. It's the same for both primary and secondary groups.

Edited by Simon Woods

Considering on 3.4 and earlier versions you could choose what groups could see profiles, and now it doesn't look like being the case (sorry if I'm mistaken as I'm new to IPS 4), this is a pretty good idea to give admins some control back. Now, does this plugin extend to the "About Me" field? Or are there any plans to do so in the future?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2016 at 5:45 AM, PPlanet said:

Considering on 3.4 and earlier versions you could choose what groups could see profiles, and now it doesn't look like being the case (sorry if I'm mistaken as I'm new to IPS 4), this is a pretty good idea to give admins some control back. Now, does this plugin extend to the "About Me" field? Or are there any plans to do so in the future?

It does extend to "About Me" since that is just a profile field. You can even edit that field or make your own version of that field and this plugin will extend to those.

@Adriano Faria I've tested this again since updating to 4.1.16.1 and it seems to work. Just waiting for my staff team to confirm for sure.

Is the plugin broken in 1.1.17.1?

If I select a setting for "Allowed Groups" and "Visible To" other than "All" then the profile field will not show up to anyone except administrators.

I already tried disabling all custom applications and plugins, it didn't help.

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

Is the plugin broken in 1.1.17.1?

If I select a setting for "Allowed Groups" and "Visible To" other than "All" then the profile field will not show up to anyone except administrators.

I already tried disabling all custom applications and plugins, it didn't help.

This is the issue I had until I updated to 4.1.16. As long as the groups in "Allowed" and "Visible" matched then my staff members could see them.

I'll have a full and thorough test for 4.1.16 up and running in a few days so I'll report back with those results. I won't be updating to 4.1.17.x for at least ten days.

38 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Made a test 10 min ago and worked. By default, ADMINS - moderator ISN'T admin - and profile owners can view any field. Other than that, you must select. It's working fine or I'm not understanding what both of you are trying to report.

I will record another video today.

As an admin I can see the fields on my own and others profiles.

As a regular user, I cannot see any fields when I go to my profile and click "edit profile" with any kind of custom setting for the groups that can access profile fields, even if I select all of them which should equal the "All" setting. It will only show with "All" selected. Which makes the plugin pointless, since that behavior is the same as without the plugin.

See video here: https://puu.sh/sJNrj/8f69a4597f.mp4

On 09/12/2016 at 5:02 PM, Rolle said:

As an admin I can see the fields on my own and others profiles.

As a regular user, I cannot see any fields when I go to my profile and click "edit profile" with any kind of custom setting for the groups that can access profile fields, even if I select all of them which should equal the "All" setting. It will only show with "All" selected. Which makes the plugin pointless, since that behavior is the same as without the plugin.

See video here: https://puu.sh/sJNrj/8f69a4597f.mp4

I'll retest it to try to reproduce it.