Content Deletion - needs to be configurable

Logan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tend to agree I've got everything shut down delete wise for the same reason as posted previously. I really don't need a upset member going through and wiping out all his/her post, threads, etc. Bad enough I had one the produced several articles and still delete all the YouTubes making the articles worthless being most was on the video and little on the page. So I learned from an experience. So yes... I would love to see better control of information system wide. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone tell me how to know when this feature will be released ?  Not when, but how to know ...
Where do I have to subscribe ?

As side note to highlight the importance of this feature to IPS Staff. Last week I upgraded to IPS4.1.13.  Today I have received the complaints of a customer because she has copyrighted material in the gallery that can not delete. She knows it's an infringement of  the "personal data protection act" in my country and has threatened me to report it to the authorities. Not that I'm worried, but the more you deal with sensitive data, the more important allowing to delete pictures is. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Poking this one again because we've been trying to figure out why this level of permission is gone in 4.x when it was present in 3.x.

Please remember to include not just the gallery, but the downloads module too! I have users complaining they can't remove pictures OR files they've uploaded, and we don't want them able to delete posts and topics. So this global setting is entirely useless right now.

App level controls should have been a release day feature. There was never any reason to remove it.

• Management
5 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Poking this one again because we've been trying to figure out why this level of permission is gone in 4.x when it was present in 3.x.

Please remember to include not just the gallery, but the downloads module too! I have users complaining they can't remove pictures OR files they've uploaded, and we don't want them able to delete posts and topics. So this global setting is entirely useless right now.

App level controls should have been a release day feature. There was never any reason to remove it.

Suffice to say, you are going to love 4.2!

Archived