Member's Country

On 02/03/2017 at 0:02 PM, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

User registrations ended up in en EX0-error. When I disabled all plugins registrations worked again. When I re-enabled Members Country, user registr failed again.

I tested with the version 1.0.6 and 1.0.7. Am pretty sure I updated to 1.0.6 on 31 Jan, since when I have not had new registrations and since then this error has occured.

What's New in Version 1.0.8:

• Compatibility version with IPS 4.1.17: not saving profile field information.

I had problems with custom profile information displaying after registration.  All the fields started showing up empty.  I had Mike Johns look at my problem.  He disabled your app and the problem was fixed.  He said that to ask you look and see if the "_createMember" hook is causing issues with custom profile fields on registration.  

1 hour ago, strokenetwork said:

I had problems with custom profile information displaying after registration.  All the fields started showing up empty.  I had Mike Johns look at my problem.  He disabled your app and the problem was fixed.  He said that to ask you look and see if the "_createMember" hook is causing issues with custom profile fields on registration.  

Latest version was released eight days ago to fix this. Update your install. 

• 4 weeks later...

Have few requests, not sure if this is possible or was already mentioned before so forgive my ignorance:

1. Ability for admin to edit user profile and set/change their flag. I've tried but could not find any field I can edit when looked up someones profile.

2. To display a forced (required) country flag selection durring creating a new account.

Edited by Xeite
  • 1 month later...
On 09/04/2017 at 7:37 AM, Xeite said:

To display a forced (required) country flag selection durring creating a new account.

8 minutes ago, GzWorlds said:

I want this too.

The country is picked via IP. You don't choose a country. And what sense it would make if the  user can simply choose a different country so the main goal of the plugin is lost. 

That won't happen. 

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The country is picked via IP. You don't choose a country. And what sense it would make if the  user can simply choose a different country so the main goal of the plugin is lost. 

For those who have IPS Geo not enabled because of an none renewed licensee, this would be helpful. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 0:24 AM, Adriano Faria said:

That won't happen. 

Didn't know about it. So I enabled IPS Geo, but most of my users still have no flags. How to display it for them automaticaly then?

Guessing it's not retroactive and works only for new posts?

Edited by Xeite
7 hours ago, Xeite said:

Didn't know about it. So I enabled IPS Geo, but most of my users still have no flags. How to display it for them automaticaly then?

Guessing it's not retroactive and works only for new posts?

Yes, as stated in this file description. Users need to browse your board. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Adriano F I updated from 4.1.19 to 4.2.1 and updated Members country to 1.1.0 last Thursday.

A person trying to register notified me he got an "Error Code X0" and I could confirm that registrationsn did not work.

Have disabled Members Country and then registr worked again. So, I guess there is a bug. Please have a look. Please email me on johansson247@gmail.com for admin credentials. 

4 hours ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

A person trying to register notified me he got an "Error Code X0" and I could confirm that registrationsn did not work.

Have disabled Members Country and then registr worked again. So, I guess there is a bug. Please have a look. Please email me on johansson247@gmail.com for admin credentials. 

What's New in Version 1.1.0.1:

• IPS 4.2 compatibility. DO NOT use it on a 4.1 board.
  • Fix the registration process
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Xeite said:

I'm still on 4.1, and there seem to be bug with country detection.

Two examples:

89.69.227.3 (89-69-227-3.dynamic.chello.pl) and user has german flag.
62.165.216.146 ( 85-238-70-80.pool.digikabel.hu) user has german flag again.

The plugin doesn't pick flags for its own. IPS Geolocation is who pick them. 

Anyway, I don't have 4.1 anymore and even if were a bug, fix is always provided for current version only. You better update your board. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
5 minutes ago, Xeite said:

When I click on IP that is attached to post/message it shows country properly. In example that second IP resolves to: Budapest, Budapest, 1039, Hungary

That's how IPS Geolocation picks the country:

$geo = \IPS\GeoLocation::getByIp( $member->ip_address );

if( $geo->country )
				{
					$member->members_country = mb_strtolower( $geo->country );
					$member->save();
				}

By the registration IP Address. I just save the info. You may probably be clickin in a different IP.

If that's a problem to you, ask your members to go to Account Settings -> Country and choose properly the country there:

56f45060c6649_Screenhot10.PNG.e1453e6933

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Function in settings: Account Settings > Country    does not seem to work properly... When I try to change a country I always change to IP location. I travel a lot and every time when I'm go to different country my flag is changed. Is any other method to change this?

17 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, that changed a few versions ago, by requests. It will pick the current IP you're using. Before it used only the registration IP.

Ok :-) works great after update..... Only small issue (but maybe is not an issue) - when I change country in profile my flag has been changed in profile but name of my country change back to country where I am. I tried to change this many times, when I noticed flag is changed already.