Member's Country

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Any thoughts on when you'll have time for this?

Follow the file. You'll get notified when it's updated. I'm updating all other apps that IS incompatible with 4.1 and now with 4.1.3.X also.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Also, is there a way to remove your flag?  I see you can edit it on your own, but how do you remove it?

Not possible currently. The whole thing of plugin IS add the flag, didn't occur me that someone would want to remove it. :frantics:

I'll add this also in new version; probably an empty option above the first country... then you select it and save it.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

If I uninstall the current version and install this version, will the members lose their current flag settings?  Many people changed them for fun.

I thought there was an actual option that tied the flag to their geo location where they registered? Giving users the option to knowingly cloak there real location makes this app not so useful. Just another toy for the users.

8 hours ago, mesteele101 said:

I thought there was an actual option that tied the flag to their geo location where they registered?

Yes, it is as you read. There is. And also there is an option to change it on Account Settings IF so the admin wants.

Not everybody else thinks or acts like you. That's why it is an option/setting.

Edited by Adriano Faria
8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, it is as you read. There is. And also there is an option to change it on Account Settings IF so the admin wants.

Not everybody else thinks or acts like you. That's why it is an option/setting.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of sites would prefer their users to post their real location. Allowing the user to pick their location is nothing more than sites allowing disposable email addresses.

Probably not everyone thinks like me but I'm pretty sure the majority does. There is just too much fakery going on with website user accounts.

8 hours ago, mesteele101 said:

I'm pretty sure that the majority of sites would prefer their users to post their real location. Allowing the user to pick their location is nothing more than sites allowing disposable email addresses.

Probably not everyone thinks like me but I'm pretty sure the majority does. There is just too much fakery going on with website user accounts.

Ok. I'll ask them to do like you want. Don't worry. Thr world is not going to over because of this.:frantics:

Now, a request: as I know that you WILL NOT buy this resource, can you PLEASE stop posting your personal opinion about it here on this topic? I really don't care how you think it (or the world) should be. This is a support topic for those who bought this resource, not a (s)chit chat for you to waste your time.

I can't simply IGNORE you because UNFORTUNATELY I have to support you in another resource, otherwise I would already did... So please, allow me to bear my cross only where I have to! :poke:

2 hours ago, HippieDude said:

Its not working for me....

The only flag that shows is my own (admin)

2 hours ago, HippieDude said:

I checked some of the members accounts and Countries are not displayed in their Profile

See:

Existing members: Just log out and log in to update the country. Or, if allowed by the admin, go to Account Settings and pick your country.

Are you sure everybody logged out and logged in on your board?

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. I'll ask them to do like you want. Don't worry. Thr world is not going to over because of this.:frantics:

Now, a request: as I know that you WILL NOT buy this resource, can you PLEASE stop posting your personal opinion about it here on this topic? I really don't care how you think it (or the world) should be. This is a support topic for those who bought this resource, not a (s)chit chat for you to waste your time.

I can't simply IGNORE you because UNFORTUNATELY I have to support you in another resource, otherwise I would already did... So please, allow me to bear my cross only where I have to! :poke:

If you really want to control the opinions or questions about one of your products, than I might suggest, dropping the forums, and only allow users to post to the Market Place after they have bought the product, because you have to actually buy the product to post a question (review).

If I have questions about a product, I will not buy it until all my questions are answered. Just because you don't like the questions posted doesn't mean you should come back with a personal attack on one of your clients.

2 minutes ago, mesteele101 said:

If you really want to control the opinions or questions about one of your products, than I might suggest, dropping the forums, and only allow users to post to the Market Place after they have bought the product, because you have to actually buy the product to post a question (review).

If I have questions about a product, I will not buy it until all my questions are answered. Just because you don't like the questions posted doesn't mean you should come back with a personal attack on one of your clients.

You aren't making questions. You are boring everyone with personal opinions, which I didn't see anyone requesting them. The world doesn't care for your opinions, Michael.

So, don't waste your time anymore. They're hidden for me from now on.

I posed a question and not only did you come back with an answer, but threw in a personal attack on me, just like the previous reply. You have no idea who I am, and my opinions do matter to a great number of people, no matter what you say. When question are posted, just answer the questions and leave your personal thoughts out of forum. If you don't like what you read then don't reply, and if you do reply don't bully the user.

On 11/7/2015, 1:47:08, mesteele101 said:

I can only speak for my site, but I honestly think it's a great idea that users can pick their own country flag.  Not everyone identifies with the country they are currently living in.  Some might be new to the country they are posting from.  Or I may travel a lot and when this mod gets installed it claims I'm from a country I'm not from.

On 11/6/2015, 5:34:13, Adriano Faria said:

Tried fresh install only and worked fine. Tomorrow I'll install version 1.0.0 and will update the install.

I'll let you know.

Any updates on this?  I'd like to be able to give users the option to turn it off.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Any updates on this?  I'd like to be able to give users the option to turn it off.

It is on version 1.0.1 see the screenshot. Watch the video. Read the changelog. :frantics::thumbsup:

On 06/11/2015 18:25:44, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• Added option to allowed users (setting on ACP) to omit his country
  • Added option to user disable the viewing of flags

It's there.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I can only speak for my site, but I honestly think it's a great idea that users can pick their own country flag.  Not everyone identifies with the country they are currently living in.  Some might be new to the country they are posting from.  Or I may travel a lot and when this mod gets installed it claims I'm from a country I'm not from.

Thanks!

Any chance you'll implement the above? If so, I will definitely buy this plugin :)

52 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I can only speak for my site; I don't run a fantasy website, so anything that brings in REAL VERIFIABLE information trumps anything allowing fake information to be added. I had hundreds of users with disposable email addresses in IPB3.x. I went through and weeded them all out before updating to IPB v4, and banned the disposable email servers. Not saying there are more popping up all the time, which is usually caught over time and added to the list.

I don't follow this app anymore because it simply didn't go far enough to be really useful, to me. Also, because Members Map is in the process of being updated, finally... It goes way beyond what this app does in collecting, collating, and bringing a visual effect showing each users country location on a world map. Hoping he expands the functions into the users account information. This is one fun app that I'd actually pay for.