[Suggestion] License Reset Information in Client Area

Sinistra

Now what I mean by this is  I have had to reset my license to a directory in my own domain name so say I have IP.Board Installed in my "forums" directory. (Which I did at one point.( I had to contact support to have them change it which is understandable. But How are we supose to know the last time we reset it to another domain There is no way to know this information  the only way to find out is to try and reset and find out about the reset fee. I can understand the fact that people want to reset their IP.Board license every once in a while and I get the fee.  But I think having some idea of when we can reset our license would be vital to know. 

For for example you would have the suite link with all the info  renewed date expire date and last reset. and a link to reset if they wish to. 

I would agree a 'last reset on:' datestamp would be a great idea.:thumbsup:

I wanted to swap the URL between two of mine (as one was normal and one legacy) but I waited longer than was probably needed to be sure that the time period had expired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks @Lindy

I have been thinking more about this suggestion. and though up another idea. the URL reset should be apart of the renewal process. So when you go to renew your products you also get the option to reset license URL  I renewed my license back in November and still waiting for the reset to allow me to do something without a charge. and I know I changed it a month after I renewed the previous time lol 

• Management

Feel free to send us  ticket and we'll be happy to reset the URL for free. I see the URL for your current site is active, so the automated system isn't going to let you reset it with an installation already active. If you're doing something like changing the address of the current site, we can do that manually for you - no problem. If you want a new installation, the current one would need to be removed first. 

Archived