Personal Message Functionality - CC'ing...

abetts

Have we lost this in 4.x? Our groups used to send a message to many people and they would all be copied rather than included on one big conversation. Now, if there are a large number of people involved and one person replies, everyone gets a notification and copy of the reply. Unhelpful! 

Is there a way that people can go back to copying in recipients?

You can, that's right but it starts on big conversation between all recipients, rather than sending a separate message to each one. That's the problem I noted above, when someone replies, everyone gets it. When you're sending a message to 200 people, not everyone needs or wants every single reply.

In 3.x.x. you could send people a copy, hence my post.

The new way is really confusing. If we send a PM to one person, we can "invite" others, understood.

If we send an email to multiple people by entering their names into the send field, they are all part of one conversation, which goes against logic of email, where they would all get a copy. It is not intuitive, I had to test to see which it would do, and it is all one conversation.

Can we get the CC back? 3.4 had copy or invite before you sent. Thanks

Can this be moved to suggestions, the 1st post is a suggestion as well, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Management

There's not really a clean way of doing this in IPS4... and it wasn't particularly clean in IPB3 either in my opnion. This is ideally what the bulk mailer is for and we will be expanding member criteria filters in the future to make this even easier. If you're intent on doing this via PM for whatever reason, there is a marketplace plugin already. Bulk PMs are something we can perhaps consider in the future, but it's not on our radar at this time.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2016 at 1:00 AM, Lindy said:

There's not really a clean way of doing this in IPS4... and it wasn't particularly clean in IPB3 either in my opnion. This is ideally what the bulk mailer is for and we will be expanding member criteria filters in the future to make this even easier. If you're intent on doing this via PM for whatever reason, there is a marketplace plugin already. Bulk PMs are something we can perhaps consider in the future, but it's not on our radar at this time.

The acp and the plugin are for admins only, the issue is, you can't CC anyone from the frontend, so members can't. Many times you need to send a message to a few people but you don't want them all in the same conversation. As far as not being clean in 3.4 it worked flawlessly for me, maybe you mean from a code standpoint.

Archived