Automatic Post When Moving Topic

Adriano Faria

Just now, PMP.Mani said:

You should can edit the text in the Admin Panel. So everyone can decide what is the standard message.
Thhe close message was an example.

The issue will exist in same way. You can choose lock a topic with automatic post when you set it as RESOLVED (Saved Actions probably). Other user can lock if a user are spamming, etc. A default text on ACP won't handle all situations.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Lee69 said:

When I try add anything to the Post Content within the Plugin, I get:

EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Any ideas @Adriano Faria?

Tried just placing a basic text string, no {SOURCE} or {MOVETO} and still the same.

Weird 'cause the error 4096 is about the column maximum row size: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/column-count-limit.html

I'll make a test tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Weird 'cause the error 4096 is about the column maximum row size: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/column-count-limit.html

I'll make a test tomorrow.

That's interesting. I also get a different error when installing this plugin: 

1S111/1 Data too long for column 'plugin_location' at row 1

Could be related? If not I'll post in the above topic.

Looking forward to the test results. :)

20 hours ago, Lee69 said:

When I try add anything to the Post Content within the Plugin, I get:

EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Any ideas @Adriano Faria?

Tried just placing a basic text string, no {SOURCE} or {MOVETO} and still the same.

That's weird. I get this error only once... then I tried a bunch of combinations and couldn't reproduce anymore. Not sure what to say.

20 hours ago, Lee69 said:

That's interesting. I also get a different error when installing this plugin: 

1S111/1 Data too long for column 'plugin_location' at row 1

Could be related? If not I'll post in the above topic.

Looking forward to the test results. :)

This other one was built yet on 4.0, so the folder name will appear as something like p509b3bfcd4. See:

Capturar1.png

Installed on my live board and running fine:

Capturar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Adriano, is this working in .7?

ErrorException
4096: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string
#0 /var/www//system/Db/Db.php(291): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/var/www/...', 291, Array)
#1 /var/www//system/Db/Db.php(820): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `gacore_...', Array)
#2 /var/www//system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(607): IPS\_Db->update('core_sys_conf_s...', Array, Array)
#3 /var/www//applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(851) : eval()'d code(28): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings()
#4 /var/www//applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(851): eval()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->settings()
#6 /var/www//system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /var/www//system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www//applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www//system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#10 /var/www//admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

(i removed my site's path from the log. thats why you see /var/www//xxxx)

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again. Bug.

As long as you're not choosing yourself as a bot this bug comes up. Having the bot disabled results in the above error.

Cheers

EDIT: Tested it with 4.1.8.0 and the plugin does not work for me. It does nothing at all, the topic does not even get moved, as long as the plugin is installed. After uninstalling it, I can move topics again. Tested with bot enabled/disabled and with/without links in the old forum.

13 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

I can confirm the EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again. Bug.

As long as you're not choosing yourself as a bot this bug comes up. Having the bot disabled results in the above error.

Cheers

EDIT: Tested it with 4.1.8.0 and the plugin does not work for me. It does nothing at all, the topic does not even get moved, as long as the plugin is installed. After uninstalling it, I can move topics again. Tested with bot enabled/disabled and with/without links in the old forum.

It works fine for me: http://www.screencast.com/t/zpVPL2F3p1uK

Is there anything related to this plugin in your logs ?

Wed, 10 Feb 2016 14:30:16 +0000 (Severity: 2)
195.66.0.121 - admin/?adsess=***&app=core&module=applications&controller=plugins&do=settings&id=**
ErrorException
4096: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string
#0 /system/Db/Db.php(291): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/var...', 291, Array)
#1 /system/Db/Db.php(820): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `***_cor...', Array)
#2 /system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(611): IPS\_Db->update('core_sys_conf_s...', Array, Array)
#3 /applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(851) : eval()'d code(28): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings()
#4 /applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(851): eval()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->settings()
#6 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#10 admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

This might be the bug with enabling / disabling the bot. After this time I used the hint in this topic to leave the bot enabled.

I could not find any other errors in the logs. According to the moderator log, the topic got moved, but that never happend, nor was a post created inside the topic.

I've tested it again on non-internal forums. It kinda works on them, the topics get moved, but with an odd behaviour. The moved from ... to ... post does not appear on the topic that got moved, but on a random topic inside the forum the topic got moved out of. Here it says the random topic got moved from forum A to forum A (so inside the same forum). I am not sure what I could've possilby done wrong while installing the plugin :D

I am glad if I can help resolve this issue or even when it's just a configuration problem on my site

Cheers

2 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

This might be the bug with enabling / disabling the bot.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

My test was done with bot enabled. Are you saying the error happens with it disabled?

Now tested with BOT disabled, which will make the moderator (who is moving the topic) the author, still works: http://www.screencast.com/t/pf0Adb65

You need to be more specific, so I can try to reproduce the error to fix it, if that's the case.

• 3 months later...

@Adriano Faria Thanks for pointing me to this plugin. It may solve our issues here. Question/suggestion: is there a way for, instead of configuring the name of the user that will be used in the automatic messages, making the automatic messages to be posted as the moderador who actually moved the topic? This would help us a lot, as the name of the moderador who moved the topic would be recorded publicly.

12 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Question/suggestion: is there a way for, instead of configuring the name of the user that will be used in the automatic messages, making the automatic messages to be posted as the moderador who actually moved the topic?

You just need to not enable the BOT. See the settings:

562a8ee365481_Screenshot4.png.5739aaf121

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived