Promote Posts to Articles

On 1/15/2016 at 11:43 AM, sound said:

can you not just give an option

"create new topic" ?

yes - if wish another topic created

no - if wish to use existing topic

the current default of creating a 'new' one does mean that a manual database edit is always needed if want to get rid of the 'new' topic and 'use' the existing topic

What's New in Version 1.1.1   See changelog 
Released January 10

10 months now since last update!

30 minutes ago, sound said:

10 months now since last update!

Why, do I have to submit a new version every month? I'm not aware of that.

I never said I would do what you want or like John Doe wants. I always said that I would hear max people who bought this and every little opinion/request is different; everybody wants the plugin to do something that fits their needs, which makes it impractible to me. Unsupportable. I won't add 3, 5 or 6 options for you to choose one. If I do, will be one. 

I will release a new version to fix the tags, which is already done, and will fix the issue when you don't have categories, which makes the form opens on a popup. 

Then I'll decide what I will do about this. Remember that the fact you buy a resource DO NOT make me required to add every suggestion you made. It's up to me decide.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I never said I would do what you want or like John Doe wants. I always said that I would hear max people who bought this and every little opinion/request is different; everybody wants the plugin to do something that fits their needs, which makes it impractible to me. Unsupportable. I won't add 3, 5 or 6 options for you to choose one. If I do, will be one. 

I will release a new version to fix the tags, which is already done, and will fix the issue when you don't have categories, which makes the form opens on a popup. 

Then I'll decide what I will do about this. Remember that the fact you buy a resource DO NOT make me required to add every suggestion you made. It's up to me decide.

no problems

have now finally given up on this app

turns out quicker to do it manually

Just now, sound said:

have now finally given up on this app

That's up to you.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

And to let this more clear: I'm required to post new version to fix bugs, which ISN'T the case here. Add new features is up to me; not to you because you simply bought the resource.

11 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Awesome, look forward to the fix.

11 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I won't add 3, 5 or 6 options for you to choose one. If I do, will be one. 

As is your right to do so as the developer. That said, in this particular case, it's fairly binary. You can either create a new topic or link an existing one - I can't see any other option that anyone would need\want. Both use cases are valid and as far as enhancements go, this would be one that would please a lot of your customers.

I sense a disturbance in the force with both user base and developer. I really hope you will reconsider.

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

New setting to copy topic tags to the article

I can confirm that this works as intended. Thanks again.

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I will review ALL opinions regarding the topic and will make a decision, in a near future.

Great news that you will at least consider this.

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.2:

New Features:

• New setting to copy topic tags to the article
  • New setting to add followers from topic in the article

Fix:

• Popup won't open anymore if you don't use categories in your DB

I will review ALL opinions regarding the topic and will make a decision, in a near future.

As cynical as this sounds, the more you develop this plugin the less need for IPS to develop it's own Promote feature.

17 minutes ago, Joel R said:

As cynical as this sounds, the more you develop this plugin the less need for IPS to develop it's own Promote feature.

I understand. But I have now 45 users that got tired of waiting for IPS to add it back and they're on their right to request improvements. Quite fair, I would say. :)

If IPS ever do it again, then it will become a useless resources, but in the meantime, it can help people.