Archive status reset, pretty please

Day_

I have asked few times but with no reply, today I am officially asking in a feedback topic, I'm on my knees here, I beg of you please, can we please get a archive status reset option please so I can rearchive topics? Help me out here devs, you know it makes sense really and you are all super clever amazing, good looking guys, would only take you 5 minutes I'm sure.

If you make this happen I will be:hyper:

If not I will be :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2015, daveoh said:

I have asked few times but with no reply, today I am officially asking in a feedback topic, I'm on my knees here, I beg of you please, can we please get a archive status reset option please so I can rearchive topics? Help me out here devs, you know it makes sense really and you are all super clever amazing, good looking guys, would only take you 5 minutes I'm sure.

If you make this happen I will be:hyper:

If not I will be :cry:

I really don't see the point in not implement this. I will update my hook, just in case:

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/6987-re-archive-topics/

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

All resources from IP.Board 3.4 were removed from marketplace. Like IP.Board 3.4, those resources are not supported anymore.

Ok thanks, I don't suppose there is any point in creating a plugin for 4.1 now with 4.2 so near. 

Is it possible to reset the archive status with a simple SQL query or is it more complicated than that?

On 20/05/2017 at 0:34 PM, Charles said:

You can manually re-archive a topic in 4.2.

Charles, sorry to be a pain. Having tried out the 4.2 beta I can see the option to rearchive a topic from within.

The problem is when you have hundreds of topics to rearchive that will take a long time as there is no mass option in forum display or the admin panel option.

When you first released it I had a play on my forum, wasn't aware that unarchiving would prevent topics from being rearchived. I now have years worth I'm looking to rearchive so I can split the database. 

Unless I'm blind or dumb which is highly likely I can't see any admin panel options which would be super helpful.

Rearchive topic if X, X, X, click done and wait for the magic to happen in the background. 

I'm paying the cost for playing without thinking about the consequences, I've served my time now please realease my topics :rofl:

Archived