Collections Support Topic

Allows your community to setup a collection/database of items, with the ability to add images, mods and comments for each item. Including custom field support.

Features:

• Support for item categories.
  • Limits of how many items per member and mods/images/comments allowed per item set by per member group.
  • Discussion topics options for items added.
  • Ability to add custom fields into the main tag itself instead of a new tab.
  • Featured items for those who want to feature items on the main collections system page.
  • Tab system to organize multiple custom fields.
  • Item comments for items your members add.
  • Let your members add, edit and delete there own items, modifications and images.
  • Upload multiple images for each item or modification added.
  • Thumbnail generation for larger images, ensures that this application does not use large amounts of bandwidth.

Garage System v3 importer:
The Collections application comes with an importer that will import your existing IPB 3.4 Garage data into the the Collections application. There are some minor differences between each system, so it's recommended you contact us before purchasing if you have any questions.

Does this allow users to create collection "pages" in their accounts? Like say, someone collects video games or comic books. Can this be used to showcase that collection?

Does this allow users to create collection "pages" in their accounts? Like say, someone collects video games or comic books. Can this be used to showcase that collection?

7 hours ago, Michael Weekley said:

Collections is the term I use for the entire app, members add "Items" and yes any member can add an item. If a demo is needed, let me know.

6 hours ago, GULFJoinery said:

hopefully you can add demo Link of this mod ?

I'm send you a PM via my forums with a demo board setup for you.

7 hours ago, Michael Weekley said:

Collections is the term I use for the entire app, members add "Items" and yes any member can add an item. If a demo is needed, let me know.

6 hours ago, GULFJoinery said:

hopefully you can add demo Link of this mod ?

I'm send you a PM via my forums with a demo board setup for you.

Have opened a ticket for this but wondered if anyone else had the same problem importing from garage?

Garage import error detected on step comments.  Unknown column 'member_name' in 'field list' 

Have opened a ticket for this but wondered if anyone else had the same problem importing from garage?

Garage import error detected on step comments.  Unknown column 'member_name' in 'field list' 

12 hours ago, Ian Manson said:

Can you send me a demo link? It could potentially do what I'm looking for

PM sent :)

11 hours ago, tenaki said:

Please download v2.0.1, contains this fix among several other critical fixes.

12 hours ago, Ian Manson said:

Can you send me a demo link? It could potentially do what I'm looking for

PM sent :)

11 hours ago, tenaki said:

Please download v2.0.1, contains this fix among several other critical fixes.

On 29/9/2015 3:35:18, Benjamin Lipsø said:

Could this be used to store guides? And restrict it for the main purpose of having guides only?

That really depends on what kind of features you'll need. There is a dedicated app for Tutorials in the IPS Marketplace that is specifically build for tutorials/articles/guides type content.

If you would like I could set you up a demo and you can modify the app language to see if it will run how you want?

On 29/9/2015 3:35:18, Benjamin Lipsø said:

Could this be used to store guides? And restrict it for the main purpose of having guides only?

That really depends on what kind of features you'll need. There is a dedicated app for Tutorials in the IPS Marketplace that is specifically build for tutorials/articles/guides type content.

If you would like I could set you up a demo and you can modify the app language to see if it will run how you want?

15 hours ago, Giray said:

Hi. Is there any way to import multiple items from a csv, spreadsheet or whatever? I would have several hundred items to import and creating several hundred items will take quite a while :cry:

No sorry no way to do that right now. Any type of import would need to be manually or with a custom script.

Edited by Mike John
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I am looking for a way for members to "sell" items. Basically I want them to be able to have a "store" with items for sale. No check out or carts. Just allow them to upload images and write details about each item and how to purchase (i.e.; "email me here" or "visit my website to purchase")

I would also want to limit this to specific members/groups. I want them to have to pay a fee for the ability to have the "store".

Not 100% what else I would need to do this, but do you think this would work?

Hi Mike,

I am looking for a way for members to "sell" items. Basically I want them to be able to have a "store" with items for sale. No check out or carts. Just allow them to upload images and write details about each item and how to purchase (i.e.; "email me here" or "visit my website to purchase")

I would also want to limit this to specific members/groups. I want them to have to pay a fee for the ability to have the "store".

Ooops... one bug found running 4.1:

Try to add moderator (member) in ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators, it will cause:

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\collections\Category::$modPerm in C:\Winginx\home\localhost\public_html\applications\core\extensions\core\ModeratorPermissions\ContentGenerator.php on line 59

Edited by Ibragim Pupkevich
On 17/10/2015 6:42:53, Michael R said:

Hi Mike,

I guess it would depend on what kind of restrictions you needed. Would each item be it's own store or would you setup a global category that any member can add an item to? There are permission masks for each category for who can add items but you can't set permissions for each item individually. I could setup a demo if that would help.

On 18/10/2015 10:16:34, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

Tried to run Collections on 4.1. Everything works fine, just found missing lang bits in ModCP:

On 18/10/2015 10:51:54, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

Ooops... one bug found running 4.1:

Try to add moderator (member) in ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators, it will cause:

Thanks, both confirmed and will be fixed in the next version.

Edited by Mike John

[4.1. b10] + Collections 2.0.2 - error when trying to view profile of member, who has added at least one item in Collections system:

/index.php?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=1

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\collections\Item::$urlBase in /var/www/localuser/data/www/localhost/system/Content/Item.php on line 957

Edited by Ibragim Pupkevich
7 hours ago, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

[4.1. b10] + Collections 2.0.2 - error when trying to view profile of member, who has added at least one item in Collections system:

/index.php?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=1

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\collections\Item::$urlBase in /var/www/localuser/data/www/localhost/system/Content/Item.php on line 957

It's the same error you reported to me in Tutorials. Probably something has changed for 4.1. Our apps are supposed to work on 4.0. 4.1 is Beta yet. I will review mine when final is released.

Great to hear the profile view / activity stream line 957 error is in hand.

Mike is aware of this one, but I need to know if I'm alone in this. In essence:

I have two membergroups that can see collections, and two that cannot. I want ALL to be able to see it. 

The "make app available / view the app setting" for two of the groups has no effect! But if I make them a member of one of the two groups that CAN, they CAN!

The problem being, those two groups are my paid groups..