SendGrid option under 'Community Enhancements'

VFA Admin

• 6 months later...

This one is a bit older but i'd just second that.

Especially as Mandrill is pushing users out of their house currently with their new strategy it would be quite interesting to have other options.

For now I'm just using SMTP for sendgrid but making use of their HTTP API would of course be better.

• Management

We're not generally interested in maintaining integration with multiple providers that do the same thing and having to maintain their API changes, etc. We chose Sparkpost because it seems to be the one clients were pushing for most; they were also the most responsive to my inquiries, so we opted for that. 

I would think others should be possible via third party add ons or, as you've noted, straight SMTP configuration.

Sparkpost runs a support slack that you can join and talk to the devs directly almost 24/7. They are super passionate about e-mail (freakishly so). I got great vibes when talking to them when I switched from Mandrill. I think it's the right choice for your average IPS admin. People who need more than what Sparkpost offers are likely capable of figuring out their own integration it seems.

• Management
1 hour ago, Luis Manson said:

So much for Sparkpost, woke up with a suspended account. So moved back my mails to mandrill until i can check the issue.

few hours later, another email, banned account :|

Mandrill suspended you too? Do you have too high of volume, poor reputation, too many bounces or??

35 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Mandrill suspended you too? Do you have too high of volume, poor reputation, too many bounces or??

Never had problems with my send volume, but i was paying $5/month to have enough limit on mandrill. Also never had this kind of issue with them

I might have too many bounces, im not sure about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the account back, after i started another mail to support my accoun was re enabled again, neither of us know why the account was disabled exacly, only that Google's safe browsing project identified one of my URLs as being phish.

*no, i never got any notifications from google about this, and i have no noticies under google web master tools

Archived