Copy Topic

About This File

This plugin will allow moderators with permission toMOVE CONTENT to also copy topics to the same or to another forum.

Topic Info tab:

• Choose the destination forum (it can be the same forum)
  • Topic title: popup appears with the current title, but you can type a new one
  • Topic author: popup appears with the current author, but you can choose a new one

Topic State tab:

• Allows you to start the  new topic with the following states: locked, pinned, hidden and featured
  • This tab will only appears if the moderator has any of the permissions: lock content, pin content, hide content or feature content. If the moderator has only one of them, of this one will appear.

Extra Data tab:

• Option to increment topic author content count.
  • If the source topic has a poll, it will display an option asking if you also want to copy the poll (not the votes, only questions and choices).

If the source topic has attachments, they will be added to the new topic as if they were added using the Insert existing attachment IPS4 feature.

Thank you Adriano,

this kind of defeats the purpose for me,

the first post is the question, the reply is as important if not more,

the whole point in my case is to copy a thread with replies (normally technical issues relating our products)

then copy it to a language specific forum so we can than translate it; with reply's containing the answer or further discussions

i run a dedicated support forums for our products, we run additional two language support; DE and FR,

its not a major concern if a user is not active or was banned; his answer could still be valuable and informative,

most of the questions are asked in English; our mods will copy the important questions and translate to the the same sub forum in the specific language,

mainly to avoid repetitive questions; as well as to help people who don't speak English to have a native translation for important technical issues

Edited by Chris Bell

That's the problem. I can't add a feature only thinking in you. I would have to make it as an option. So if I did, it will have one new setting. Then another user wants to use the new feature but he doesn't want that all 300 posts has TODAY as date, so here I go again to add a new setting to keep the original date of the post.

You could use the support topic to ask this before. Anyway, I'm not sure. I'll give some thought.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DallastheDog said:

I am having an issue when copying a topic to a child forum in another area. I just get a spinning icon and it never pulls the section up.

That one is weird and honestly I don't know what to say. My plugin uses the $form->node object type (default made by IPS) to list those type of things.

Is this also happening when you try to move a topic, for example ? There are appears the same dropdown.

• 2 weeks later...

I've purchased the plugin hoping it would help me to copy topics from forums/forums to collabs/forums. unfortunately it can only copy topics from forums/forums to forums/forums or from collabs/forums to collabs/forums. Is there any way to go around it? I could see that there is a drop down menu listing the forums to copy to and that is where the problem is for me, if there was an option to enter a path or forum number I think the problem would be resolved, but I understand not everybody would be in need of this tweak. Any idea how to go around the current limitations please?

1 minute ago, svit said:

I've purchased the plugin hoping it would help me to copy topics from forums/forums to collabs/forums.

I'm sorry, There's nothing in this plugin description that mentions any other 3rd-party app. There's this support topic to ask questions before you purchase. You could also send a PM.

I don't have this other resource. You better ask @Kevin Carwile to help on it or add such feature on his resource.

• 2 months later...

this is what I see  (minus the part that shows the poll content itself).

Let me know if you want to see it on the site itself

Wed, 13 Jan 2016 19:35:00 +0000 (Severity: 0)
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/27267-poy-template/?do=copy&id=27267
Unknown column 'tid' in 'field list'
INSERT INTO `ibf_core_polls` ( `tid`, `start_date`, `choices`, `starter_id`, `votes`, `forum_id`, `poll_question`, `poll_only`, `poll_view_voters` ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? )

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 388               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 645               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /init.php(434) : eval()'d code                                             | [IPS\_Db].insert                                                              | 200               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook274].copy                                |                   |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          | [].call_user_func                                                             | 85                |
 | /system/Content/Controller.php                                             | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          | 46                |
 | /applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php                        | [IPS\Content\_Controller].execute                                             | 40                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          | [IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic].execute                              | 129               |
 | /index.php                                                                 | [IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         | 13                |
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by HighlanderICT
47 minutes ago, HighlanderICT said:

Unknown column 'tid' in 'field list'

Yeah, they removed the column tid on 4.1.6! :o

"2": {
        "method": "dropColumn",
        "params": [
            "core_polls",
            "tid"
        ]
    },

Let me see how this works now... I'll update the plugin probably tomorrow. :frantics:

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2015 at 0:45 AM, DanInMS said:

I am having an issue when copying a topic to a child forum in another area. I just get a spinning icon and it never displays the child forum sections underneath.

copymod1.jpg

Hello

I still have this problem yet, I'm in version 1.0.2

Could you solve it?