Haze by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Drew D said:

One of my members is experiencing this, anyway to fix it?

https://youtu.be/vb8HGKOjR20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOmxw5ftujA

7 hours ago, chrisjmc2006 said:

Was just about to report the same thing, I can confirm. The issue is with Firefox (it's fine in IE and Chrome) 

Does this happen with the default theme? I've added it to my bug tracker regardless. I can't promise it'll be fixed in the next update though as I'm just about to release that.

1.0.3 RELEASED

- Compatible with IPS 4.1.4
    - Bug: larger screen sizes seeing container width issues fixed
    - Bug: Submit Topic button not returning to default state after posting fixed
    - Feature: user links dropdown icons (toggleable setting) added
    - Feature: Setting variables added to customize WYSIWYG editor background & text color
    - Feature: Setting to control subforum layout added (Traditional, 2 Column, Single Column)
    - Bug: blank footer block titles now available in localisation system
    - Bug: footer nav block showing ‘community home’ link on minimal nav pages (eg- privacy policy) fixed
    - Bug: Customiser pencil icon line-height
    - Bug: Mobile navigation CTA buttons re-designed (sign out, mark read etc)
    - Bug: Footer copyright footer block not left aligned
    - Bug: Breadcrumb/Social Icons logic cleaned up to fix setting clashes
    - Bug: Removed post controls background styles when logged out as no controls are available to guests
    - Bug: Unread item markers unclear fixed by making theme secondary color

On November 26, 2015 at 1:12:01 AM, Tom Christian said:

Does this happen with the default theme? I've added it to my bug tracker regardless. I can't promise it'll be fixed in the next update though as I'm just about to release that.

Yes it does

10 hours ago, Epi said:

In mobile view when I click on the user menu it looks white

Untitled.png

Apologies. There's a style variable inside the "Backgrounds" settings tab where you can this to a darker colour. I'll have this fixed in the next update.

9 hours ago, Drew D said:

Yes it does

Interesting. I couldn't actually reproduce it on MacOS in any browser. Can I suggest opening a bug report with IPS? If it's a default theme bug as well, they should know about it :)

• 4 weeks later...

1.0.4 RELEASED

— HAZE —
    - Mobile menu bg clashing fixed

— FRAMEWORK —
    - Improved sensitivity of floated search dropdown menu
    - Offline page layout issues
    - Removed unused framework bg/hero images from theme resources.
    - Bug: search not opening in tablet responsive breakpoint
    - Bug: Follow links look unstyled inside Calendar & Pages
    - Bug: Follow topic popup unfollow button text clashes
    - Bug: New bog entry editor width is not 100% and editor mobile mode is displayed
    - Bug: Redirect forums have two description tooltips
    - Bug: Hot topics unstyled inside topic list view
    - Bug: Saving multiple groups in Live customiser group settings causes error message
    - Bug: Live customiser background image saving issues fixed
    - Default header sticky setting set to 0 by default
    - Bug: Contact us block causing alert popup in the theme settings
    - Bug: Topic preview popup tabs aren’t visible
    - Bug: Account settings tabs aren’t visible
    - Bug: when restore default breadcrumbs is set, font size is too small on crumbs + mark as read etc
    - Bug: Fixed mainWrapper table cell width issue affecting certain browsers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Would like to confirm with you on your theme upgrade process. Once I've uploaded the latest version, a screen at ACP will show the comparison between the existing version on the left and the latest version on the right. Without clicking any of the "Use this version" button under each version, I have clicked "save & finish", would there be any issues? Many thanks.

On 1/1/2016 at 3:03 PM, stuartirene said:

Hi Tom,

Would like to confirm with you on your theme upgrade process. Once I've uploaded the latest version, a screen at ACP will show the comparison between the existing version on the left and the latest version on the right. Without clicking any of the "Use this version" button under each version, I have clicked "save & finish", would there be any issues? Many thanks.

Did it show any conflicts? What you've done sounds okay but to be 100% safe I would recommend installing the theme from scratch and re-applying your custom edits to be on the safe side.

16 hours ago, chrisjmc2006 said:

Is there a way to update the theme without losing current settings? (Social Media Info, Background image etc)

Try following this article here: http://ipsthemes.com/userguide/#advanced-customization

Some customers have reported reset the theme settings but this is down to issues in the core software I'm afraid. I asked Matt at IPS for the correct method and the method posted in that link is what he suggested.

14 hours ago, steadyoptions said:

Tom, where can I see the Haze version currently used in my installation?

From within the customization section of your ACP, enable designers mode and then go to the theme settings for Haze. You'll see some newly available fields at the bottom of the first tab, one of which shows the version.

3 minutes ago, Tom Christian said:

Try following this article here: http://ipsthemes.com/userguide/#advanced-customization

Some customers have reported reset the theme settings but this is down to issues in the core software I'm afraid. I asked Matt at IPS for the correct method and the method posted in that link is what he suggested.

It didn't work for me on the last 3 upgrades - I always have to re-install complete - loose all customisations and re-do them

Which is a right pain.......

14 hours ago, Cloud 9 said:

It didn't work for me on the last 3 upgrades - I always have to re-install complete - loose all customisations and re-do them

Which is a right pain.......

I'm well aware of the pain :(. It also happens to me on a regular basis when upgrading themes. I know it is of no help to you but all I can say is that the issue is beyond my control. I have open bug reports regarding this so it's up to IPS to fix it now.

How are you making your customizations? Are you editing CSS files or templates or both? If you're making CSS changes, I suggest consolidating them all to one file so when it comes to re-applying your edits, it's as simple as dropping in 1 file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2015 at 9:54 PM, steadyoptions said:

When clicking on "follow topic" and then "update preferences" on ipad, the white window stays till you refresh the screen.

looks like those issues still present. Any estimate when they could be fixed? Love the theme overall!!

On 11/12/2015 at 2:13 PM, steadyoptions said:

It also seems like "follow topic" is missing on mobile.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom, have you had any issues/support tickets for the color editor with IP Community Suite v4.1.8.1 & Haze 1.0.5?  I've been experiencing issues related to changing the colors of certain backgrounds such as breadcrumb bar, main nav bar, secondary nav bar, & back to top button, to name a few.  I change the color, save it, and then don't see the color change upon refresh of my page?  Any tips on those issues?  Some color changes work but it seems others do not?  Not sure what to do there.  Thanks Sir!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2016 at 4:46 PM, mgmblitz said:

Hi Tom, have you had any issues/support tickets for the color editor with IP Community Suite v4.1.8.1 & Haze 1.0.5?  I've been experiencing issues related to changing the colors of certain backgrounds such as breadcrumb bar, main nav bar, secondary nav bar, & back to top button, to name a few.  I change the color, save it, and then don't see the color change upon refresh of my page?  Any tips on those issues?  Some color changes work but it seems others do not?  Not sure what to do there.  Thanks Sir!

Can I see an example of this on your site?

7 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Hi

The back to top button covers the multi quote box, bottom corner. Is there a way to remove this easily? 

Tom

Do you have  screenshot to demonstrate this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived