Simplify by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

Simplify by IPS Themes [Support Topic]

Rules:

1. Read the user guide. If people ask questions that are clearly answered in the guide, I will simply reply with this same link.

2. Visit the IPS Themes documentation section before posting.

3. Search through this topic before posting as your question may have already been answered.

4. Post detailed questions, provide screenshots and provide URL's. If you just tell me something is broken, I cannot help. I need to see a live demonstration of the issue or at the very least a screenshot so I can try to diagnose what's happening.

5. Be respectful :smile:. Please don't leave a 1 star review without even asking me for support. I'm happy to help every single customer. IPS4 is new - things will go wrong and more often than not, it won't be to do with my theme but the underlying software.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

1.0.2 RELEASED

- Compatible with IPS 4.1
    - Navigation re-build to work with 4.1 menu manager feature
    - Search completely re-designed in ‘floated nav’ layout
    - Massive improvements for RTL languages
    - Chat counter positioning fixed
    - Restored low opacity on forum icons to indicate no new posts
    - Custom CSS theme setting fixed
    - Many new style settings

On 10. november 2015 kl. 22.57.03, Tom Christian said:

I suggest opening a ticket with official IPS support. Such an error is beyond my control in the theme system.

Hello,

I opened a ticket with them and they said I had to contact you. They tested uploading another theme, and it worked, so it seems it's not an issue with the upload of themes overall. 

1.0.3 RELEASED

- Compatible with IPS 4.1.4
    - Bug: larger screen sizes seeing container width issues fixed
    - Bug: Submit Topic button not returning to default state after posting fixed
    - Feature: user links dropdown icons (toggleable setting) added
    - Feature: Setting variables added to customize WYSIWYG editor background & text color
    - Feature: Setting to control subforum layout added (Traditional, 2 Column, Single Column)
    - Bug: blank footer block titles now available in localisation system
    - Bug: footer nav block showing ‘community home’ link on minimal nav pages (eg- privacy policy) fixed
    - Bug: Customiser pencil icon line-height
    - Bug: Mobile navigation CTA buttons re-designed (sign out, mark read etc)
    - Bug: Footer copyright footer block not left aligned
    - Bug: Breadcrumb/Social Icons logic cleaned up to fix setting clashes
    - Bug: Removed post controls background styles when logged out as no controls are available to guests
    - Bug: Unread item markers unclear fixed by making theme secondary color

Thanks, it's there now.

Sorry to say though it's very buggy. Load it up into 4.1.4 and you'll see, out of box the social icons and breadcrumbs don't fit on the homepage, there's horizontal scrolling at around 1010px down to the mobile breakpoint, the fonts & icons overlap each other on the gallery homepage, and there are other small problems floating about in there. 

It's a shame, as I was a fan of this skin on the 3.x series. 

4 hours ago, Dll said:

Thanks, it's there now.

Sorry to say though it's very buggy. Load it up into 4.1.4 and you'll see, out of box the social icons and breadcrumbs don't fit on the homepage, there's horizontal scrolling at around 1010px down to the mobile breakpoint, the fonts & icons overlap each other on the gallery homepage, and there are other small problems floating about in there. 

It's a shame, as I was a fan of this skin on the 3.x series. 

Did you install the theme fresh or upgrade it using the "Upload a new version"? Sorry you're having issues. Mind showing me your site so I can see for myself or post some screenshots? It'll help me fix the issues faster.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

1.0.4 RELEASED

— SIMPLIFY —
    - Fixed header issues affecting breadcrumb/social icons area

— FRAMEWORK —
    - Improved sensitivity of floated search dropdown menu
    - Offline page layout issues
    - Removed unused framework bg/hero images from theme resources.
    - Bug: search not opening in tablet responsive breakpoint
    - Bug: Follow links look unstyled inside Calendar & Pages
    - Bug: Follow topic popup unfollow button text clashes
    - Bug: New bog entry editor width is not 100% and editor mobile mode is displayed
    - Bug: Redirect forums have two description tooltips
    - Bug: Hot topics unstyled inside topic list view
    - Bug: Saving multiple groups in Live customiser group settings causes error message
    - Bug: Live customiser background image saving issues fixed
    - Default header sticky setting set to 0 by default
    - Bug: Contact us block causing alert popup in the theme settings
    - Bug: Topic preview popup tabs aren’t visible
    - Bug: Account settings tabs aren’t visible
    - Bug: when restore default breadcrumbs is set, font size is too small on crumbs + mark as read etc
    - Bug: Fixed mainWrapper table cell width issue affecting certain browsers

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I bought the theme and I like it very much!

Though there are some requests/bugs:

• If you turn on "sticky header" in Style & Layout, the social media icons disappear. And also the navigation path under the menu //mainpage>category>forum, which is located in the same row as the social media icons

• If you use "shrink header", it does the opposite of what is expected in my installation/configuration. It takes more place when switched on...

• There is some turquoise system colour I'd like to change, that is used for displaying prices on download files pages, also as a background to the "pinned icon". Same the color for reputation points displays and of course the reputation area background. I have no idea where to change it. Is it an option?

• If you could add some feature for pinned topics, f.e. a special background color option and maybe the topic titles in bold for pinned topics, that would be really nice.

• If you look about and under the social media icons bar near the header, f.e. in the core forum view, there is a lot white space, that wastes a lot usable area. I already set the "breadcrump height (px)" to zero (0), but I would like to give a negative value to have a more compact area with less empty white space if possible.

• You can't edit the default font f.e. for the user name in profiles or the blog title names. Or - in case it's the same font - there's any shading effect selected. Is there an option to get rid of these shades behind the letters

• I really loved the "bullet points" for unread subforum in the main forum view by the IPS default theme. You are using a "folder icon" for them. Is it possible to have "bullet points" as a secondary option?

• In member profiles the link to "edit signature" is missing. Or I can't find it...

Maybe you have some answers or take some of the points to the development list for the next update.

Anyway, good job! Thanks.

T

17 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Hi,

I bought the theme and I like it very much!

Though there are some requests/bugs:

• If you turn on "sticky header" in Style & Layout, the social media icons disappear. And also the navigation path under the menu //mainpage>category>forum, which is located in the same row as the social media icons

• If you use "shrink header", it does the opposite of what is expected in my installation/configuration. It takes more place when switched on...

• There is some turquoise system colour I'd like to change, that is used for displaying prices on download files pages, also as a background to the "pinned icon". Same the color for reputation points displays and of course the reputation area background. I have no idea where to change it. Is it an option?

• If you could add some feature for pinned topics, f.e. a special background color option and maybe the topic titles in bold for pinned topics, that would be really nice.

• If you look about and under the social media icons bar near the header, f.e. in the core forum view, there is a lot white space, that wastes a lot usable area. I already set the "breadcrump height (px)" to zero (0), but I would like to give a negative value to have a more compact area with less empty white space if possible.

• You can't edit the default font f.e. for the user name in profiles or the blog title names. Or - in case it's the same font - there's any shading effect selected. Is there an option to get rid of these shades behind the letters

• I really loved the "bullet points" for unread subforum in the main forum view by the IPS default theme. You are using a "folder icon" for them. Is it possible to have "bullet points" as a secondary option?

• In member profiles the link to "edit signature" is missing. Or I can't find it...

Maybe you have some answers or take some of the points to the development list for the next update.

Anyway, good job! Thanks.

T

Thanks for the suggestions!

Are you using the latest version by the way? Some of those issues have already been fixed.

Archived