Invite System

On 24/07/2016 at 2:23 PM, Safety1st said:

Could you hide members with unlimited invites on Members page (Invitations per Member)? They are listed if previously they had limited invitations and were moved to group with unlimited ones.

On 04/09/2016 at 7:39 PM, Safety1st said:

And the new request. If a member invited nobody I believe 'Invitees' tab should be hidden like IPS does for every empty profile field.

Still not sure if next edit will make part of the app because it requires one more query on profile...

Edited by AndyF
Edited to remove 'file edits' as requested.

Went ahead and added both edits above in a new version, since they does not require tests, etc.

What's New in Version 2.0.12:

New feature/Enhancement:

• Added filters to MEMBERS page on ACP: now you can filter members with UNLIMITED and LIMITED INVITATIONS or both
  • Invitees tab on member profile now will appear if the member has really invited someone/invitation converted to a member account.
  • 1 month later...

Pre-purchase questions:

1. I wonder if it is possible for users to create an invite link that will be valid forever and for multiple accounts? For example, if user wants to share an invite link on their social media so that multiple people can use the same code to register. From description it looks like each code must be generated separately and is only valid for 1 use.

2. Are invite links even possible or does the code have to be entered manually during registration? Will a link like www.example.com/register?invitecode=xxxyyyzzz work?

3. If the answer to 1 and 2 is no, do you plan to implement such a feature?

Hi,

Nice app, but inviting only by email is very limited. This involves that the inviter knows the email address of the invitee, and that is not so good.

A more flexible idea would be allowing the invitee to fill the inviter's name in registration form. This way, new members can be invited via flyers, facebook messages, etc

Members who want to recruit new members can receive 20 invitations for example, if they use all invitaions,  they receive premium membership or something

Can be done?

aaw.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, Adriano! After many months of hesitation, I finally made up my mind and purchased your app and I am quite happy about it! I just have a quick question:

Can people join the site and create an account when the site is in offline mode? If so, can they sign in and use the site when it is in offline mode if they signed up using the app?

Thank you for reading this message. I hope to hear from you soon. Peace!

@Adriano Faria I'm still waiting for implementation the requested earlier suggestion... Should I describe them again?

The next 2 serious defects:
• if an invitation code is required to pass registration it also must be requested if using custom login handler;
• invitation email must be at least on user's interface language, for now they are sent on default site language all the time. it would be nice to be able to choose language for particular invitation and after sending plugin must inform user about successful action through default black pop-up.

16 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

if an invitation code is required to pass registration it also must be requested if using custom login handler;

Defect? No. It was designed to work only in default registration screen and do its job. No intention/plan to extend it to other stuff like social media or whatever.

18 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

invitation email must be at least on user's interface language, for now they are sent on default site language all the time. it would be nice to be able to choose language for particular invitation and after sending plugin must inform user about successful action through default black pop-up.

That seems a bug. Will take a look.

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Defect? No.

As you say. But the feature of your plugin could be easily bypassed using custom login handler for registration. Will you be si kind to fix this?

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Will be taken into consideration in next update

I just needed to clarify. Too bad ETA is unknown, last update was a long time ago.

12 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

Too bad ETA is unknown, last update was a long time ago.

Come on, 3 months is "long time ago"?!? And it was released only to to add two features you requested.

I have my own schedule for updating resources. If it has a bug, then I'll take a look faster, usually in same or in a couple of days. If it doesn't has, suggestions will be added (or not) in the next update. You can imagine that this isn't an easy task having 200+ resources.

Edited by Adriano Faria