BUG: Can still access theme custom settings when designer mode turned off

VizionDev

Steps:

1. Enable Designer Mode

2. Open custom settings for you theme in a new tab

3. Disable Designer mode.

4. Can still modify custom settings from the previously opened tab

Which would be all cool however when I tried it - it corrupted my theme entirely and I had to create a new one and then restore the theme by swapping on *_set_id's over in the database directly.

I was not able to download my theme, or edit any settings as a result of this

Fair point but ideally if it was intended to be used outside of designer mode, it would not only display while in developer mode.

where did get intended only designer mode ! its allows end user change text to logo or logo to text, it allow change item like colour etc so again no idea where the idea come was for only designer mode ! designer mode is more then custom it allows the /theme folder be created allows see css/html and all resources that linked to the themes it allows designer accress to build a theme from start to finish or just allow normal admin to play and tweak items but don't need designer mode make them unless exporting it.

where did get intended only designer mode ! its allows end user change text to logo or logo to text, it allow change item like colour etc so again no idea where the idea come was for only designer mode ! designer mode is more then custom it allows the /theme folder be created allows see css/html and all resources that linked to the themes it allows designer accress to build a theme from start to finish or just allow normal admin to play and tweak items but don't need designer mode make them unless exporting it.

You're clearly missing the point!

I understand your primary language is not English but please understand the post before you get frustrated in it's replies.

I'm talking about CUSTOM SETTINGS not Editing Theme Settings.

I'm talking about how CUSTOM SETTINGS is only visible in the drop down menu when in Designer Mode, but is still accessible by URL even when not in Designer Mode.

You know.. CUSTOM SETTINGS.

NORMAL MODE

nondesigner.thumb.PNG.534b70497fd6e2f035

DESIGNER MODE

custom_settings_omg.thumb.PNG.84ebb3f4fd

IF IT WAS INTENDED BEHAVIOR - IT WOULD BE IN BOTH DROP DOWN MENUS.

You're clearly missing the point!

I understand your primary language is not English but please understand the post before you get frustrated in it's replies.

I'm talking about CUSTOM SETTINGS not Editing Theme Settings.

I'm talking about how CUSTOM SETTINGS is only visible in the drop down menu when in Designer Mode, but is still accessible by URL even when not in Designer Mode.

You know.. CUSTOM SETTINGS.

NORMAL MODE

nondesigner.thumb.PNG.534b70497fd6e2f035

DESIGNER MODE

custom_settings_omg.thumb.PNG.84ebb3f4fd

IF IT WAS INTENDED BEHAVIOR - IT WOULD BE IN BOTH DROP DOWN MENUS.

First my primary language is English ! i am dyslexic so unless can't say something nice don't say it !! 

You asked why only CUSTOM SETTINGS can't be view outside Designer Mode that because only allows SETTINGS to be added to theme so again it's NOT A BUG 

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.b114f7d9efa6d286

Because why would need add theme settings outside designer mode !!

First my primary language is English ! i am dyslexic so unless can't say something nice don't say it !! 

You asked why only CUSTOM SETTINGS can't be view outside Designer Mode that because only allows SETTINGS to be added to theme so again it's NOT A BUG 

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.b114f7d9efa6d286

Because why would need add theme settings outside designer mode !!

My apologies but you still have it back to front and are not even understanding my post so please go elsewhere.

I asked why IT CAN BE VIEWED OUTSIDE OF DESIGNER MODE

My heart is broken about your dyslexia, but you are talking about the exact opposite of the purpose of my post and pointlessly throwing red text and exclamation marks at me about something you are still not aware of.

Archived