Contact Us

The email is sent to the board email. You don't need to select a group, but if you do, ALL users from selected group will receive the email. I'm not sure what 'everyone' means, but f you have 500 members on a selected group, 500 emails will be fired. You can also add emails instead of groups.

This works since version 1, was retested before update the file here and never changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Adriano Faria I purchased and installed this today, I seem to have an issue with submitting form. Any suggestions?

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php::$useWrapper in /home/user/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php on line 89

Line 89

$this->emailClass->useWrapper = false;

Edited by craigf136
1 minute ago, craigf136 said:

Hi @Adriano Faria I purchased and installed this today, I seem to have an issue with submitting form. Any suggestions?

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php::$useWrapper in /home/user/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php on line 89

IPS changed from:

/**
	 * @brief	Wrap in our main template wrapper
	 */
	public $useWrapper		= TRUE;

to:

/**
	 * @brief	Should the default wrapper template be used?
	 */
	protected $useWrapper = TRUE;

Let me see how to fix this.

2 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Line 89

$this->emailClass->useWrapper = false;

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

IPS changed from:

/**
	 * @brief	Wrap in our main template wrapper
	 */
	public $useWrapper		= TRUE;

to:

/**
	 * @brief	Should the default wrapper template be used?
	 */
	protected $useWrapper = TRUE;

Let me see how to fix this.

What's New in Version 1.1.3:

• Fixed error Fatal error: Cannot access protected property IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php::$useWrapper due to an IPS change in core Email class
52 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

@Adriano F is it possible to include this contacting staff via the messaging system as well as sending out emails? It would be great to have a notification appear whilst actually on the site, without having to check emails.

This is an enhancement of tge default contact feature, which also only sebd emails.

Not sure. Maybe in a future version.

Couple of suggestions please.

When you setup a department in the ACP there is a field for description, but this doesn't seem to be used anywhere on the either front-end or ACP.  Could there be an option to show this on the front-end to guide users on what each department covers?

When completing a in the front end if I put my cursor in the subject field I can then tab into the email field.  However if I tab again the form loses focus, is it possible to set the tab sequence to go through to the editor?

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

When you setup a department in the ACP there is a field for description, but this doesn't seem to be used anywhere on the either front-end or ACP.  Could there be an option to show this on the front-end to guide users on what each department covers?

Fair.

3 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

When completing a in the front end if I put my cursor in the subject field I can then tab into the email field.  However if I tab again the form loses focus, is it possible to set the tab sequence to go through to the editor?

That should be handled automatically by the form helper. The sequence is basically the sequence of available fields in the form.

Does it happen in another areas, like topic post screen, PMs, etc?

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That should be handled automatically by the form helper. The sequence is basically the sequence of available fields in the form.

Does it happen in another areas, like topic post screen, PMs, etc?

Yes you're right, it's the same with PMs, this seems to be a limitation of the general form helper

Edited by Edward Shephard
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just installed this plugin and I have the following issues:

- it does not attach custom fields to the emails, only the main fields like: department, subject, email & messsage. The 3 custom fields I added were completely ignored to the emails.
- it posts a message in the specified forum, but the message is empty. (user has permissions to post)

I'm using 4.1.13.2  ... not sure if the widget might need an upgrade.

I also had a problem with the url since my template was using   url/index.php/contact/   instead of  indes.php?/contacus/   I could solve that redirecting the FURL. I don't think it is related, but I wanted to point it out just in case.

As suggestion, It would be nice to have a text field to provide some instructions to users, like " Do not use this form to report posts etc. | If you are reporting a thread, please don't forget to attach the URL etc." 

Edited by gabs007
2 hours ago, gabs007 said:

- it posts a message in the specified forum, but the message is empty. (user has permissions to post)

True. Just tested it and it's blank. Need to see what has changed.

2 hours ago, gabs007 said:

I also had a problem with the url since my template was using   url/index.php/contact/   instead of  indes.php?/contacus/   I could solve that redirecting the FURL. I don't think it is related, but I wanted to point it out just in case.

The default FURL for this app is: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/contactus/

Capturar.PNG

The system won't allow me to use an already existing FURL (contact).

I'll work on a fix soon.

Edited by Adriano Faria
4 hours ago, gabs007 said:

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

True. Just tested it and it's blank. Need to see what has changed.

I will PM you with a tiny change required to make the post appears. I won't post it here because this forum now is open to guests, which means that people who didn't buy it will also have access to the fix... so if you bought it, send a PM and I'll send the fix.

I will work on Extra Fields stuff during the week.