About This File

This application will allow admins to send Bulk PMs to specific user groups.

PM Settings:

• Author
  • Allow reply & add a copy on author Inbox folder
  • Title
  • Content

PM Filters:

• Groups to send the PM
  • Include Secondary Groups
  • Content Count
  • Reputation Points
  • Joined Date
  • Last Visit to the Site

Upcoming Features:

• Integration to official IPS apps: Downloads, Gallery, Blogs, Commerce and Content
  • Integration to third-party applications
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I would need an option to send the bulk pm only as a notification in the regular pm app (should look the same, no reply option). so members are redirected (once or until they click away) to a central pm page, so the database will stay small. Possible or idea for solution?

Some additional information and request:

- I really don't need a database explosion, if everyone in the forum should only get the SAME PM. But the idea behind is, that member accept the notification @PM better than "allow email by admins" feature during the registration process. If anybody has good ideas how to handle the marketing aspects, please tell. I believe PM features might have their own features.

Best

T

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:

I would need an option to send the bulk pm only as a notification in the regular pm app (should look the same, no reply option). so members are redirected (once or until they click away) to a central pm page, so the database will stay small. Possible or idea for solution?

There's another resource on MP that sends a notification, which is also a record on DB. So, the "explosion" on DB will also happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it may have to do with the version I had?  I noticed on the latest version it gave me the option to purchase and not download.  I thought this was odd as I have purchased this already.  More odd is the fact that when managing my purchases it said "Cancelled" which I have never done for this application.  Regardless I have purchased the latest version and it appears to be working just fine now.

1 minute ago, pilotguy said:

I think it may have to do with the version I had?  I noticed on the latest version it gave me the option to purchase and not download.  I thought this was odd as I have purchased this already.  More odd is the fact that when managing my purchases it said "Cancelled" which I have never done for this application.  Regardless I have purchased the latest version and it appears to be working just fine now.

Weirdo. Anyway, glad it's ok now.:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

How its work? I'm compose message and seve. Status is: " Not sent yet "

When i click "Send Bulk PM" they show progres bar, nothing happens. Everything stop.

What to do next? It's strange works. I only have 750 users.

3 minutes ago, Namo said:

When i click "Send Bulk PM" they show progres bar, nothing happens. Everything stop.

What to do next? It's strange works. I only have 750 users.

Create the message. Send. Progress bar will appear. When it finish, it goes to the list of messages.

If something else happnes, there's an issue there.

See if you have any log on your system,.

• 1 month later...
On 09/05/2016 at 6:00 AM, Namo said:

No, do not send notifications by e-mail. I have over 700 members, none of them got the new message notification PM.

Weird, really not sending, although it's there:

/* Add message */ 
					$message = \IPS\core\Messenger\Message::create( $conversation, $msg->content, TRUE, NULL, NULL, $pmSender );
					$conversation->first_msg_id = $msg->id;
					$conversation->save(); 

/* Send notification */ 
					$notification = new \IPS\Notification( \IPS\Application::load('core'), 'private_message_added', $conversation, array( $conversation, $pmSender ) );
					$notification->send();

I'll fix it asap.