(NB40) Mentions

newbie LAC

5 minutes ago, pilotguy said:

I have no option that mentions anything about "tab mentions"  The @mention shows up under user name in forum posts.  I have sets created but nothing that mentions TAB mentions.  Example of the screen I see as default when I "create new" set

tabsettings.PNG

I think "tab Mentions" means what can be seen in the second screenshot on the file: 

... as in, the tab called "Mentions" in the user group settings window.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Simon Woods said:

I think "tab Mentions" means what can be seen in the second screenshot on the file: 

... as in, the tab called "Mentions" in the user group settings window.

You ever have one of those "DOH!" kind of days...  I just started having one now.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious that apparently at the time for me was not so obvious. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

@newbie LAC

one question

Can I mention groups with this plugin? what i mean with this is: select a group, for example "new members" and it will mention all the members in that group. And updates when i add members to that group. Or do i need to manually add all members to the set

11 hours ago, kRSB said:

@newbie LAC

one question

Can I mention groups with this plugin? what i mean with this is: select a group, for example "new members" and it will mention all the members in that group.

Hello,

You can create set "new members" with type "Group" (linked with 'new members' group). When you select this set all members from group will be added on editor.

11 hours ago, kRSB said:

Or do i need to manually add all members to the set

No, if you create set based on group.

I forgot update screenshots.

Actually for type "Group"

ment.jpg

@newbie LAC thanks for the response!

Is it also possible to for example mention the group "new members" with @new members or by just selecting the set group. Because some groups of me have around 100 members, and it would get a bit clumsy having 100 names in the editor. So that it just says "@new members on the post but all the people in the set get the notification.

• 2 weeks later...

@newbie LAC

Hello, I just bought the app and installed the app (running IPboard 4.1.13.2). After that i went to sets -> create new

Picked group as type, when pressing save i got this error:

UPDATE `nbmentions_sets_general` nbmentions_sets_general  SET `gset_position`=1,`gset_id`=1,`gset_name`='test',`gset_type`=1,`gset_users`='',`gset_tgroups`='15',`gset_tgroups_type`='primary',`gset_groups`=0,`gset_forums`=0 WHERE gset_id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'gset_tgroups_type' in 'field list' (1054)

I also tried member as type but then when I click save nothing happens :/

All groups have permission to the use sets and @mention 

Edit: I removed 1.0.5 and installed 1.0.4 and everything worked (both groups and members type). Did upgrade to 1.0.5 so gset_tgroups_type column was added. Adding groups still worked but i can't use member type mention anymore. Still same issue as above, does nothing when i click save.

10 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Uploaded new version.

@newbie LAC Love the fast response! Thanks a lot. It fixed the issue but introduced a new bug. Now when you select type "members" you see this:

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 19.37.29.png

I think the groups* should be hidden here when i select members as type? Like in the previous versions. It now forces me to select a whole group aswell instead of only users.

Thanks again for your quick help.

11 hours ago, kRSB said:

@newbie LAC Love the fast response! Thanks a lot. It fixed the issue but introduced a new bug. Now when you select type "members" you see this:

I think the groups* should be hidden here when i select members as type? Like in the previous versions. It now forces me to select a whole group aswell instead of only users.

Thanks again for your quick help.

Hello,

Quick fix (changed 1 line).

Open applications/nbmentions/sources/Set/General.php

Find 

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select(
			'gset_tgroups',
			($this->id and $this->tgroups != 'all') ? explode( ',', $this->tgroups ) : 'all',
			true,
			array( 	'options' 		=> array_combine( array_keys( \IPS\Member\Group::groups() ), array_map( function( $_group ) { return (string) $_group; }, \IPS\Member\Group::groups() ) ),
					'multiple' 		=> true,
					'unlimited' 	=> 'all',
					'unlimitedLang' => 'all_groups'
			)
		));

Change to 

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select(
			'gset_tgroups',
			($this->id and $this->tgroups != 'all') ? explode( ',', $this->tgroups ) : 'all',
			true,
			array( 	'options' 		=> array_combine( array_keys( \IPS\Member\Group::groups() ), array_map( function( $_group ) { return (string) $_group; }, \IPS\Member\Group::groups() ) ),
					'multiple' 		=> true,
					'unlimited' 	=> 'all',
					'unlimitedLang' => 'all_groups'
			), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'gset_tgroups'
		));

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, RoHAdmin said:

just installed this feature, the only thing I could ask that you add is the ability for those who can use sets to utilize the sets made by other members.  

That and a way for users to be able to edit the sets made by other users

Hello,

Why do you want this?

User can create example "Private members set. Users that I love" and other members will know about that.

6 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Why do you want this?

User can create example "Private members set. Users that I love" and other members will know about that.

my community utilizes the mention system of the forums in a way to tag members for events happening within certain departments within games.  Their are officers and assistants of these departments and it would be helpful if assistants could assist in keeping the mention set update along with the officer.  Currently, there is no way to do that.  Officers don't have administrative access and neither do assistants. 

on my forums, general members wouldn't be able to utilize the system or create their own sets because they have no need for that

4 minutes ago, RoHAdmin said:

Their are officers and assistants of these departments

Are officers and assistants groups or members from diffrent groups?

If the groups you can create sets based on those groups.

Do you want allow officers edit the general (created on ACP) sets?

I can add the button on frontend side on main app's page (domain.tld/nbmentions) + add new setting who can manage sets.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:07 AM, newbie LAC said:

Do you want allow officers edit the general (created on ACP) sets?

I can add the button on frontend side on main app's page (domain.tld/nbmentions) + add new setting who can manage sets.

that actually would be exactly what my community would need to make this mod completely useful for us!  it seems to be literally the only thing missing

yes the officers are split into 4 groups. SWTOR Officer, ESO Officer, GW2 Officer, or WoW Officer, same with assistants for each game. General membership is in a completely separate group but not separated based on game.  so the need here is to allow for an Officer and/or their assistants to edit the sets created on their own, because not everyone has acp access

1 hour ago, RoHAdmin said:

that actually would be exactly what my community would need to make this mod completely useful for us!  it seems to be literally the only thing missing

yes the officers are split into 4 groups. SWTOR Officer, ESO Officer, GW2 Officer, or WoW Officer, same with assistants for each game. General membership is in a completely separate group but not separated based on game.  so the need here is to allow for an Officer and/or their assistants to edit the sets created on their own, because not everyone has acp access

Hello,

mentions.thumb.jpg.838349f13a2d67aa919cce16c5cd3eb7.jpg

ACP setting

mentions2.thumb.jpg.a99463895e5be0a9259d6e856de48df0.jpg

Question.

What the data the groups will be able edit?

Currently I added

- members

mentions3.thumb.jpg.9983b99d1be71c17f3a89fa69c74b882.jpg

- groups

mentions4.thumb.jpg.0da92c84c9d3f4e3e05da84f10389cb6.jpg

Other data they can't change

• 4 months later...

Archived