Agile by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tom

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but a while back when I first signed up you'd said create a child theme, rename it, and personalise it, then when you release a new version I can just update the parent/original Agile and I shouldn't lose my amends.

So I did all that, but the updates aren't filtering down to my child theme.  Should they?  Or do I have to upload the new Agile over the top of my child version?  If so, then would I lose any amends?

Thanks

Steve

Sorry to bump this, but any thoughts?  Thanks.

Sorry to bump this, but any thoughts?  Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the delay. That is the correct way and is the way I was advised by IPS staff. If this is not working for you, it sounds to me like a system issue which is beyond my control. Sorry to throw you back and forth but the next step would be to create a ticket with IPS support.

Tom.

Tom, I'd like to put a background image behind the logo.  I'm having a really difficult time finding the right CSS entry to modify to make this happen.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Adding the 'background-image' CSS tag to the "ipsLayout_header.nav-full-width .nav-wrapper" CSS entry doesn't seem to work, or at least not for my forum where I opted to set the option for Navgiation Layout to equal "Traditional Full Width".

10 hours ago, Ziggs said:

Tom, I'd like to put a background image behind the logo.  I'm having a really difficult time finding the right CSS entry to modify to make this happen.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Adding the 'background-image' CSS tag to the "ipsLayout_header.nav-full-width .nav-wrapper" CSS entry doesn't seem to work, or at least not for my forum where I opted to set the option for Navgiation Layout to equal "Traditional Full Width".

I'd recommend adding your own css file and placing your styles in there. Go to your theme list in the ACP, then go to the html/css templates for the theme. Navigate to css/core/front/custom/ and create a CSS template inside here. Add the below style and save and it should override the existing styles.

#ipsLayout_header header {
	background: #fff url(urltomyimage.jpg) no-repeat;
}

43 minutes ago, abetts said:

A member took this, erm, screencap in firefox and there's a huge margin to the left of the topic. Same for me in FF too. Any ideas please?

20150923_025626.thumb.jpeg.c366fe09eb4f1

Also, the gallery isn't looking great, it's all bunched up to the left of the screen...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/gallery/

I can't see this either. I tested on Firefox for Mac & Windows. Are you using the latest Firefox?

14 hours ago, abetts said:

Ignore that one then. Any thoughts on the gallery alignment please?

Also, a few people have complained about the contrasting colours between threads in new content. Which colour is the one I need to change to tone down the grey please?

5447526948798464.thumb.png.6b5f1c96f8eef

This is not how it looks by default. Have you tweaked the background colors in the theme settings? Try installing a 2nd copy of the theme to compare the differences.

13 hours ago, abetts said:

Oh, and the forum icons aren't greying out when there are no new posts! 

This is a bug. If you'd like me to fix it for you temporarily, private message me account details to your site wit ACP access and I'll apply a fix.

58 minutes ago, abetts said:

Sorry to go on but the social icons aren't working correctly. The first three are ok but the 4th links to the 5th, and the 5th takes you to the forum index page (where they should be linking to Instagram and G+ respectively).

Have you correctly entered the URL's in the settings? They must be separated by a return (on a new line). If you provide me login details for the above issue, I'll take a look at this too.

Archived