Agile by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

Agile by IPS Themes [Support Topic]

Rules:

1. Read the user guide. If people ask questions that are clearly answered in the guide, I will simply reply with this same link.

2. Visit the IPS Themes documentation section before posting.

3. Search through this topic before posting as your question may have already been answered.

4. Post detailed questions, provide screenshots and provide URL's. If you just tell me something is broken, I cannot help. I need to see a live demonstration of the issue or at the very least a screenshot so I can try to diagnose what's happening.

5. Be respectful :smile:. Please don't leave a 1 star review without even asking me for support. I'm happy to help every single customer. IPS4 is new - things will go wrong and more often than not, it won't be to do with my theme but the underlying software.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Customers: Agile has just been released to the public. Like most new products, there might be some teething issues. I will be rolling out weekly updates to fix any issues that appear. This theme is ready for live sites but I would like to stress to all customers that you please privately test the theme on your site before launching it.

This is a great theme, well done!  

I would like to have in topic list the stats (replies and views) in a single column (like IPS theme). There is a way to do that? Please consider an option to let users choose the type of layout.

I think these are minor bugs:

• The chat does not open in a new window even if I set "Open in a new window" in Chat -> Settings
  • The chat menu does not show the number of users in chat room.
  • In blogs, the featured blog section miss the section title (like featured downloads or featured images)

Looks very nice! The world longest search box. :tongue:

Haha yes, I'm considering re-designing that. It looks better in my "Base" framework but didn't translate so well over to Agile.

This is a great theme, well done!  

I would like to have in topic list the stats (replies and views) in a single column (like IPS theme). There is a way to do that? Please consider an option to let users choose the type of layout.

I think these are minor bugs:

• The chat does not open in a new window even if I set "Open in a new window" in Chat -> Settings
  • The chat menu does not show the number of users in chat room.
  • In blogs, the featured blog section miss the section title (like featured downloads or featured images)

Could you show me a screenshot of what you mean? I'm a little confused.

I'll look into those issues.

Thanks.

On live demo, I noticed that the "Welcome" box links to login and register, are broken.

Looking into the possibility of buying this theme. @Tom Christian do social icons work properly in this theme?

Also, with such a renewal cost, what kind of feature improvements can I expect? Can't imagine there's terribly many.

These are configurable in the settings. I'll look into that.

Yes, social icons work perfectly in this :)

The renewal cost is for continued theme support as well as upgrades which cover things like IPS4 compatibility updates, bug fixes & new features.

These are configurable in the settings. I'll look into that.

Yes, social icons work perfectly in this :)

The renewal cost is for continued theme support as well as upgrades which cover things like IPS4 compatibility updates, bug fixes & new features.

Understood. Thanks for the explanations.

Is the search bar going to be changed, or is there a way to manually make it...proper, so to speak?

Tom have you seen the screenshot I posted as you requested?
https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/419040-agile-by-ips-themes/?do=findComment&comment=2574199

Another little thing.

Is it possible to have the choice to display the subforums in one column?
Currently if I have 1 subforum with a long name, it is truncated.
If I have one or two subforums, I would like to display them in one column. (example attached).

subforum.jpg

Tom have you seen the screenshot I posted as you requested?
https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/419040-agile-by-ips-themes/?do=findComment&comment=2574199

Another little thing.

Is it possible to have the choice to display the subforums in one column?
Currently if I have 1 subforum with a long name, it is truncated.
If I have one or two subforums, I would like to display them in one column. (example attached).

subforum.jpg

With the stats, you want it like the 2nd row? I'm not sure about this. I prefer the first and don't see any benefit of having it as an option to be totally honest.

I like the sub forum idea, I'll note this as a suggestion. 

Regarding the other issues, they are all fixed and will be ready in the next version of Agile :)

With tlhe stats, you want it like the 2nd row? I'm not sure about this. I prefer the first and don't see any benefit of having it as an option to be totally honest.

Yes, I prefer the 2nd row.
The reasons are:

• The second row is more "space saving".
  • In my language, the translation of "views" is particularly long. As you can see in the screenshot, the text goes over the user profile photo.
If you don't want to implement it as an option, can you suggest me how to change it?

statsex.thumb.jpg.da59160dc114aa2c683cd3

I like the sub forum idea, I'll note this as a suggestion. 

Regarding the other issues, they are all fixed and will be ready in the next version of Agile :)

Great. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Yes, I prefer the 2nd row.The reasons are:

• The second row is more "space saving".
  • In my language, the translation of "views" is particularly long. As you can see in the screenshot, the text goes over the user profile photo.
If you don't want to implement it as an option, can you suggest me how to change it?

statsex.thumb.jpg.da59160dc114aa2c683cd3

Great. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Okay, I didn't think of the language issue. I'll investigate into adding this as an option :)

Hi Tom

Just found this thread so will list a few things here rather than email...

1. On /register the icon top right is pulling through an additional icon.  In the example below, the quote marks is the icon from our second menu item on the main menu.

register.thumb.png.8da6012714921e80a4ec8

2. When adding an event to the calendar the date picker doesn't match the format chosen in ACP eg. mine is set to "DD MMM YYYY", but it's showing US format 08/13/15 in the picker.  Same issue for date in accouncements.

calendar.thumb.png.0d0943247aadca1f68b04announcement.thumb.png.070a0bd33ecebdb02

3. Breadcrumbs - letters such as g and y get their "dangly bits" cut off.

breadcrumbs.thumb.png.cbc906aeb7b3852f10

4. Viewing gallery on a mobile, "show as list", the thumbnail image isn't there.

gallery.thumb.png.98254efe59369c18c159f7

Thanks

Steve

Hi Tom

Just found this thread so will list a few things here rather than email...

1. On /register the icon top right is pulling through an additional icon.  In the example below, the quote marks is the icon from our second menu item on the main menu.

2. When adding an event to the calendar the date picker doesn't match the format chosen in ACP eg. mine is set to "DD MMM YYYY", but it's showing US format 08/13/15 in the picker.  Same issue for date in accouncements.

3. Breadcrumbs - letters such as g and y get their "dangly bits" cut off.

4. Viewing gallery on a mobile, "show as list", the thumbnail image isn't there.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reporting these.

1. Could you provide a screenshot? I'm a little confused about this.

2. Looking into this.

3. Ditto.

4. Ditto.

Thanks,

Tom.

register.thumb.png.8da6012714921e80a4ec8

Just noticed it's the same thing on /contact

Haha yes, I'm considering re-designing that. It looks better in my "Base" framework but didn't translate so well over to Agile.

If you're re-designing the search bar, any chance of adding a link to "Advanced Search" (ie. /search/) or at least an option for this in ACP?

Just a minor cosmetic in Editing Agile by IPS Themes menu -- Miscellaneous is misspelled (Miscellanous).

Thanks, will look into that.

Just noticed it's the same thing on /contact

If you're re-designing the search bar, any chance of adding a link to "Advanced Search" (ie. /search/) or at least an option for this in ACP?

I'll look into it. It's not top priority at the moment though just so you're aware. I'm concentrating just on bugs for now.

Archived